Reloading and Shooting

And the rest of the shop is now in summer reloading mode.

2 Likes

Indeed. But with no more NFL few a few months, I’ve been falling behind. I need to find another mindless activity I can do while I reload and perform reloading related tasks. Maybe work for one of those think tanks that didn’t see the Russian invasion of Ukraine about to happen. :thinking:
So, still gotta finish separating 5.56 from 9mm. Then I have to separate the .45 ACP (smaller ammo can) into small pistol primer and large pistol primer cases. No discernible difference in performance by the way.

Oh, and then finish reloading all of this .357 Magnum and .38 Special. All sorted by head stamp, although I’m not convinced it makes a difference in a revolver. I’ve even made some .38 Short cases to experiment with.

1 Like

Still got the skills. Most 18 series guys I’ve known over the years, don’t look the part. most people expect the square-jawed, chiseled body types, but the biggest strength in the 18 series guys is what they know. The wealth of knowledge they bring to bear on the battlefield…

It’s called “Force Multipliers”.

1 Like

That guy has been MIA for a few years now.

3 Likes

That’s a “Once Upon a Time” kind of look.

1 Like

I just realized the “reloads in a sammich bag” look is not a good look, so I just went out and got some more of these…

.45 ACP, 9mm, and .38 Special/.357 Magnum.

2 Likes

I usually buy my cases from MTM Case-Gard at either Cabela’s or order them online…

They work exceedingly well for my needs.

1 Like

The stickers are exactly the same.
I’m going to use a .45 ACP case for my wife’s .22 LR ammo. I just need to route out the inside dividers and glue the .22 holders in place. Just enough room on the end for a .22 bore snake.

1 Like

It’s always fun to teach women to shoot. Big smile on my wife’s face - first two shots with my AR, standing unsupported at 25m with iron sights. She’s a quick study. My spread has been pasted over already, mainly in a vertical line, because I was shooting as fast as I could without getting thrown out.

She’s pretty good with pistol as well.

4 Likes

Sooo…
I’m afraid I owe a few people an apology. I had mentioned the Kyle Bass shooting competition hosted by the Texas Rangers and DPS that’s happening tomorrow., and wanted to put a four man team together. I learned it was by invitation only, and I just received mine last night. They assign the four man teams themselves based upon experience level. I did not even receive the waiver to sign until just now. And we have not even received the info, i.e. course of fire, even the location yet. That is yet to be sent en masse. I think this is to prevent dudes from trying to G2 the event. Still in the dark, but at least I’m in. Again, apologies to those I thought could simply sign up as well.

I’ve been preparing for a month. I’ve gone to the range daily for the past two weeks and shot up an enormous assload of ammo. Discovered last night that although some dudes will shoot 1911 it is not a separate event. I sure had fun shooting 1,000 rounds of my own .45 ACP reloads though.
They supply the 5.56 and 9mm but if you shoot anythingelse, i.e. 10mm, .40, .45, you bring your own. I’m kinda stoked.

Where is this going to be at? I mean what area. you dont have to pin point it. I still havent shot the 320 and need to play with dot settings yet. But I could get up to speed pretty fast on my legion, even though its been about three years since last firing it. I feel all John Wick on that one. I have both iron sights slide and red dot slide for it.

I just got the email with the details. Larue, TX. It says look for the signage when you turn off of 175 onto FM 315 in Poyner. I think you should still be able to come watch. It’s sort a fundraising event for them as well.

Little to far for me this weekend… :pensive:

That’s a shame. My wife is happy because we planned a bluebonnet trip anyway.

years ago I would have been busy doing photoshoots with models and bluebonnet fields.

A worthy endeavor, sir!

Ill dig up some later with a model and guns and flowers.

Larue, TX…

(Actually, they’re based in Leander, but they’re about 3 hours apart)

1 Like

Good outfit. quality built rifles and parts. Their rifles were featured in the movie “Transformers; Dark of the Moon” and on the “Medal Of Honor; Warfighter” video game.

1 Like

I used to think Larue Tactical might have been founded by Seaux Larreau (pronounced Sue Larue) whom I knew from 19th SFG(A) but was actually in 10th SFG(A) as well. A little after my time in 10th Group I think. Famously joined French Foreign Legion and found it wanting (or so the story goes) so he left. They have a policy about relentlessly hunting down deserters but apparently just decided to let it go.

1 Like