Reloading and Shooting

There’s a major who was in the same unit as Apache26 and me. He has since gone to another unit and is currently deployed to the Middle East.
He had one and would take it to drill and to the range whenever we went. It’s a great training tool, but nothing beats training to shoot like shooting. He would beat me on the Mantis more often than not, but was never quite able to best me at actual shooting. Although he came closer than anyone else I’ve met lately.
Still, I’ve considered purchasing it to train others.

got a quick question for the gun nuts here. I recently discovered a video of a man shooting a 30-06 semi auto with a detachable mag and he never said what the name of the gun is and now I want to add it to my list of things to keep an eye out for but do not know the name.

1 Like

Can you post the video?

I can try it was a YouTube short ill try to find it.

Maybe a Browning semi auto rifle?

A Remington semi auto rifle?

I believe you can get them in a variety of calibers.

1 Like

Looks close this one had the ability to take up to a 20 round after market mag and i know it was in .30-06 that is what caught my eye. I’m still looking for the video. It was a you tube short and its harder to find than I thought it would be.

Was it an AR style rifle or a traditional style rifle?

Did it look like this? :smile:

1 Like

Being an “after market” magazine means you need to ignore that feature when looking for the rifle as the rifle probably did not come with one originally.

Yes, but if you did not know better you would think the BAR is an LMG and not a rifle.

It was not a BAR I slightly resembled a Mini 14 but ran the bigger caliber. I think the Remington pictured above looks right. I just have never seen that gun before but now I want one.

1 Like

There’s another BAR out there, desigend by Browning’s grandson.

I should have sone more research before I asked, I feel kind of stupid asking in such a bad way. Im not a gun expert but I thought I knew a little than most I guess I was wrong.

M1A in 30-06. Not common but they exist.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/springfield-armory-rifles—m1a/springfield-armory—m1a----30-06-cal-.cfm?gun_id=101072882

I was just looking more and I’m leaning towards it being the Remington Woodmaster. I never knew they existed.

2 Likes

Sounds like the pseudonym of a male performer in the adult movie industry…
:man_dancing:t2:
Cheers

M

2 Likes

They were made in semi auto for the civilian market

https://www.oowinc.com/exclusives/semi-auto/1918a3-slr/

yeah, they didn’t say how heavy that sucker is.

This is the BAR I’m talking about:

I would hope about the same as the original. Otherwise it ruins the experience.