Reloading and Shooting

Interesting. I always wanted to shoot but assumed that SWMBO would object. Surprise. She’s the one who suggested we buy a gun. She’s a better shot than I am.

4 Likes

I talk about them in front of her. Every year I ask her if she’d like a lap dance for her birthday but so far she has declined.

Interesting. I always wanted to shoot but assumed that SWMBO would object. Surprise. She’s the one who suggested we buy a gun. She’s a better shot than I am.

I’m finding out more and more about my wife. The things I didn’t think she’d care for at all she’s actually very enthusiastic about - motorcycling, snorkeling, shooting. She is the one who got the family into white water rafting. I guess you just never know…

I do know she has absolutely no interest in model building.

3 Likes

Mine would exercise her right in my direction. I don’t know why? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You mean your wife would shoot at you?

1 Like

Oh yeah……for some reason I seem to frustrate her. I cannot imagine why. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Forget about the gun. Get her a prescription for Xanax. Life will be so much better for you.

1 Like

How do you think trapped her…I mean got her to married me. Time to up the dosage.

1 Like

In NY, if you go on certain meds, even post surgical pain meds, they may revoke your permit and remove the firearms from you possession. It can even include those owned by the spouse.

Dang, I sort get it but also :scream:.

Has that been issue in the past or just over reaction?

NY state has been acting this way for a while. Guys I know had trouble renewing their pistol permits after getting back or shoulder surgery. When we submit a permit renewal they require an accounting of all the Rx’s you took over the past five years.
One local friend had his car trashed by his brother in law because he told the guy to stop hitting his wife. The friend went to the police to file an order of protection. The police advised him if he proceeded they would need him to turn in his guns. THAT makes sense (heavy sarc).

2 Likes

It won’t get any better until the demon leaves the governor’s mansion.

2 Likes

Verboten in Albany Hitler’s New York.

Each new governor is worse than the previous one. She (and her predecessor) told us we don’t belong in NY. Then she complains about us leaving.

1 Like

I have a few you could help me with !

2 Likes

I could certainly help. Although I’ll still use the old hand loaders pictured earlier for small batches, I just unboxed this beast:

I’ve already got a brand new Craftsman workbench to mount it onto. I can easily crank cartridges out by the hundreds now - and no annoying hammering to resize each case!

Did you Ceracote that Sig yourself, or is it Hydrodipped? Looks like a Romeo3 Max optic perhaps?

2 Likes

Sig P320 X Compact?

I can crank a few thousand rounds out of my Dillon SDB. I have it already set up for 9mm. :smiley:

1 Like

I had a Local Sig Armorer send it off to his buddy. I did hydrodip this one myself for giggles one day. I came close to thinking of starting a biz doing it.

3 Likes

Nice!
I want to get into Hydrodipping. I’d use films of course, but the thought of spraying different colors of Krylon cammo into a five gallon bucket of water is oddly appealing as well…

@SableLiger @18bravo

The first 320 was with a vortex. I had it done within months of the first 320 being released. Sold it off years ago, but last Thanksgiving bought another 320 compact with romeo 1 new gen. Ill see if it can match my happiness with my 226 legion single action with a Romeo 1 also on it.

I was doing loads for a while also when I was more serious about competing. at one point I was blowing thru about 100 rounds a visit three times a week just to train my muscle memory. only thing was only real comps were with Glock clubs and I am a Siger thru and thru.

i personally prefer Norell’s Moly Resin for refinishing, specially if you’re into building military clones of the AR15 family.

90% of this one came out of a Colt SP1 Carbine, then refinished the receiver and small parts with Moly Resin.

Beautiful rendition of the XM-177E2. Better looking than any the modern replica made by Troy and much cheaper than the $3k Colt clone.

4 Likes