Reloading and Shooting

yeah the spray can method is an art in itself.

This was my Abrams hydro’d. I can almost promise it was the first model ever done at the time. Back in 2013 I think. It was a pain in the ass at another level.

5 Likes

Interesting camo pattern for that Marine M1A1.

THAT is a great job! I never thought to hydro something that small.

Speaking of comped guns, and since this is the What did you do in your workshop today? thread, I just finished this build a few days ago. By Friday I’ll have three P320’s. Waiting on a flat trigger.

5 Likes

it was done with the thought of it being a national guard unit stationed near Canada once the Russian’s had already started there invasion thru Canada, what if? More of a Rogue unit.

let’s just say, I have an acquaintance that did a lot of “off the book” stuff in Central America in the 80s and he carried one of these. :wink:

1 Like

Nice, thats a flat shooter I bet. I have this 226 TacOps

and its dual, but the trigger reset is godawful. Then sold the 320 TacOps

2 Likes

I had this colt but got rid off it. my shoulder surgeries dont allow for more than 25 rounds before killing me.

That colt you had was way better than the MP15 for sure.

1 Like

possibly he had a few beers with Ollie?

Most likely…

1 Like

Krieger 26” 6.5 twist 223 Match chamber with matched bolt. Viltor upper receiver, Anderson lower, Magpul Gen 1 PRS butt stock Giesle SSA trigger, Vortex Gen 2 6.5-27x56 in LaRue mount.

Single loaded Berger 90VLD 2.475 COAL going 2760 FPS. Range 4 Quantico 1000 yards. Target 25x15” AR500 IPSIC

7 Likes

yeah, thats way above my level for sure with a rifle. Would love to learn it though. Considered selling my motorcycle to get into it. really want a HK. but figure rifle and optics easily $7000.

So this is my target during license to carry in 2013. I bought the 226 tacops the week before. I had not shot a weapon of any kind since 1995. My first shots of the 226 was actually during the test with bulk ammo. So not once fired before testing. After the test the range guys were murmuring thinking I was shooting wide at 25 yards because my group was to tight and couldnt count all 50 rounds like others.

A week later shot the local competition and came in second in my class. All the range guys were ex military and giving me the side eye afterwards.

I was lucky to be taught by a woman whos husband was silhouette state champ at 100 yards with .44 mag with a D

an Wesson.

My first gun was a Dan Wesson .44 mag 8" barrel. Dropped my first deer and only deer with that handgun.

3 Likes

Bet that deer didn’t give you any “side eye.” :grin:

1 Like

Excellent shooting!

I’d have better accuracy throwing a pistol at a target than shooting one.

This is my only long range gas gun. I’ve got 6 hot rodded R700 bolt guns that I usually shoot. The small bore bolt guns are chambered in 223 Ackley Impoved and 224 Valkyrie. I had a 26” White Oak Precision 224V gas gun, but it wouldn’t shoot worth a damn at 1K so I sold it a built a bolt gun in that caliber. Does much better.

I dig the thousand yard game because it’s one of the few sports you participate in while lying down.

2 Likes

Talking about long range makes me want to look at doing it again.

You might appreciate this. kinda makes me drool. Ep. 220 | Army selects Vortex® for Next Generation Squad Weapon – Fire Control. What is it? - YouTube

1 Like

no, but felt really bad afterwards. Shot it while on the run moving after jumping out of a moving jeep i was driving. Its a silly sport, just dont feel any challenge at dropping something while its feeding and clueless. but to each his own.

2 Likes

Not my cup of tea either. Just paper. :receipt:

2 Likes

Must take a lot of re-loading to fill those 100 round mags (Surefire's 100-Round MAG5-100: The Highest Capacity AR-15 Magazine - The Shooter's Log), especially when you’re using a bump stock! :skull:
:smiley: :canada:

1 Like

Bump stock not needed.

4 Likes

then just plain showing off…

3 Likes

Hahahahahaha. Fun stuff.
In comparison, this is a boring video of me shooting a 10” plate on a stick at about 625 yards on my buddies farm. 77SMK over 24gr of Varget, loaded magazine length in LC cases.

I’d forgotten about this rifle until I went looking for the video. 24” heavy barrel 8 twist Rock River upper w/ old school Leupold MkIV 8.5-25x50 on an Anderson PWS Quantico marked lower. I put a LAW hinge on it so it doesn’t take up so much room in the safe.

5 Likes