Replenishment Route

My attempt at groundwork with dirt and scenic glue. Got it a bit over the place, but it is now drying. Hopefully the result will be good!

3 Likes

Grass! This is my first actual attempt at making static grass kinda stand without a static grass applicator.

Will PVA glue work for stickling the model and figures onto the base?

2 Likes

Finally done! I am happy with the result, and for my second diorama, it turned out a lot better than the first one.

7 Likes

Excellent result, very nicely done! I’m not sure if you’ve already answered your own question about gluing things down - I wouldn’t, it’s liable to get messy and/or not give a strong enough bond as it absorbs into the base. For figures consider drilling a hole up through the sole of one foot & superglue the end of a pin into it. My pins were longer than you’d need, check the base is thick enough first…

The bonus is you can keep changing your mind about figure positions. For securing vehicles I prefer to drill 2 small holes up through the base & loop a wire up & around an axle where it can’t be seen, then tighten the wire from underneath. So if you ever want to separate or substitute the vehicle in the future it’s easy.

4 Likes

Thank you! I ended up using PVA for the vehicle and trailers. I designed the ruts in the road around the Kettenkrad, so I won’t be changing much around on it. If I were to make a base on which I would swap vehicles around on, it would likely be something like a hangar/airstrip type deal for planes or a basic thing for tanks, just to have an interesting background for photos. For the figures, I would have done the pin trick, but I didn’t have small enough drill bits and wire to keep them securely. Perhaps next time, I can seek out help to have a better hold on them. I glued them down with CA glue. It does the job, and the ground is solid enough for where they are.

@Dioramartin and @Tank_1812 , thank you both for your tips, help, advice, and encouragement!

4 Likes

I like this very much!

1 Like

Some more photos

3 Likes