Revell 1957 Chevrolet 150 Black Widow

Here is my Revell 1957 Chevrolet 150 Black Widow race car.

The build is completely box stock, and it went together very well. Any issues you see are purely my lack of ability or talent, and have nothing to do with the kit. Here is an actual Black Widow car I used for inspiration:

Now, onto the model:

Hmm, didn’t notice that mold line before this. Oh, well!

Thanks for looking.

Jim

16 Likes

That looks great Jim. The engine bay is a show in itself.

cheers
Michael

Thanks, Michael.

Jim

Very nice!

Love the old school GM Rochester Fuel Injection!

Thanks, Wade.

Jim

Well you know I’m going to give you a standing ovation! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Beautiful build Jim, love it!

Cheers, D

Thanks, D. I had a feeling that you’d like it.

Jim

Wonderful Job!!!

Thanks, Mark.

Jim

A shame about the mold line, but still a great piece of work.

Have you considered using a bit of panel liner, for the trunk lid?

Thanks, Jesper. Yes, the mold line is kind of a bummer, but too late now.

I considered a panel liner for about 2 seconds, but immediately discounted it as I’d probably screw it up and ruin the entire model.

Jim

That engine bay does have alot of OOB detail in it. Looks like the engine has a pretty high parts count to it. Great job on the paint and decaling of this one Jim.

Joe,

Sorry for the late reply, but I was out of town; and every time I try to sign into KitMaker on different computers it want to create a new account. It’s mildly annoying.

Thanks for the comments. Yes, there are about 40 parts in the engine bay if you build this version, so there is quite a bit of OOB detail. The paint is Tamiya Gloss Black TS-14 & Tamiya Pure White TS-26.

Jim

Check out what the instructions show:
https://www.revell.com/out/media/85-4441.pdf

Cheers,

M

Thanks, John.

Jim

Great work on your Black Widow, except for that mold line you have a nice clean model, also nice work on all those decals.

1 Like

Outstanding build for sure. Nothing wrong with OOBs, it’s the execution that counts, and you passed that marker with flying colors.

joel

1 Like

Thanks, guys.

@rv1963 Yes, that mold line was kind of a bummer, but oh well, things happen.

@Joel_W I mostly build OOB, as just about anything past paint & glue is beyond my skill level. I try AM parts every so often, and then i remember why I don’t use AM parts.

Jim

1 Like

Jim,
I’m with you on OOB builds these days. Just seems the harder I try to do a near perfect build and paint job, all my builds still have basic issues in construction and even in the finish.
joel

1 Like

Well, at least you’re building. The most simple kit I have to hand is the repop of the AMT Buick Electra 225; I’ve being trying to just stick the bits together for a couple of years but every time I open the box I panic, crawl into a corner and curl up…
:scream:
A friend who shares our age group who has been an outstanding (trophy winning) super-detailer says he started building Airfix OOB (Out Of the Bag) and that’s what he’s back to, but fortunately Airfix have raised their game to the point he can be happy with the result.

Regards,

M

1 Like