RFM Challenger 2, OOB, Berlin Camo’, Finished!

Outstanding all around !!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Superb job Jim. You have managed not 1 but 3 stunning kits and the 2 Berlin Cam schemes are fantastic. You couldn’t wish for a better finish on all 3. Top work :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thats awesome Jim!
Whats next!

1 Like

Very nice lineup. All very well executed. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

:+1: :+1: :clap: :clap:

All three are superb, a proud display of British Armor.

main-qimg-a78dfdccdd5f7d9b28a360cf736792ef

2 Likes

Excellent well done!

1 Like

Absolutely yes. Chieftain is one of my favorite tanks, it just looks like a beast

1 Like

Many thanks Richard, Robin, John, Ezra, DV, Nicos and Cats! It’s great to get such positive feedback. I must say it’s worth the effort to attempt the Berlin scheme, it really does “pop” on the shelf!

Ezra @Panzer_modeler , I will probably start putting paint on the Bandai B-wing next, and have a look at starting the AH-1Z which I believe you have waiting for you too…

Thanks again everyone, and anyone who has any questions if building their own examples, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers, Jim.

1 Like

I agree it’s one of my all time favorite camo schemes.

1 Like

Very nice, I like it a lot. The weathering looks perfect.

Have you considered making a photo or build feature for Armorama content site? Hint… :wink:

Mario

2 Likes

Sharp looking model

1 Like

Thanks Mario, thanks Dan! Very much appreciated.

Mario, you know I hadn’t thought of doing a feature, but would be happy to put something together. Thanks for thinking this is worth it! Will look into the process on the new homepage when I get a chance.

Cheers, Jim.

Good work Jim; love the line-up - very instructive - a slice of AFV (and camouflage painting) history. Superb modelling and equally outstanding painting.

1 Like

Let me know if you need any help.

I think this model would make a great feature… yes, we all like to look at the photos of the finished build, but perhaps sharing the know-how on painting Berlin camo would be even better. :blush:

Mario

3 Likes

Thanks Brian, @BootsDMS . I’ve always wanted a Berlin camo tank and now I have two! And I have just realised I managed to build this one in only two months, that’s a record for me. Although the circumstances are extraordinary with lockdown…

Will do Mario. @Maki I’ll see what I can come up with using the format available.

Thanks again, Jim.

Stunning work, love the Chally and love the Berlin camo, great job also on the Chieftain, another tank that i love, chapeau.
Lucio

1 Like

Thanks Lucio, they are certainly two of my favourite tanks, very satisfying subjects to build and paint.

Cheers, J.

1 Like

This version of the berlin camo next? :joy:

4 Likes

That looks like an easier one to achieve :+1:

3 Likes