RFM Panther Ausf F Work in progress

I thought this kit only comes with l/70 and l/100 75mm barrels.

1 Like

@Annette_Dominic It does as per picture 018

1 Like

note that only a small number of panther G were equipped with steelwheel, it was experimental and they decided not to go with it because it used the track too much

2 Likes

you could put that turret on a E50 hull and say it’s a tiger weserhütte since we don’t know much about it outside of a scheme showing the hull dimension, so you can put whatever turret you want on it and it allow you to do tons of variants too

1 Like

@Catsrcool Thank you for reference pages. I will read them when I have proper time availlable.

2 Likes

A small update.
Using the same paints as my E-100 build so I applied them in one airbrush session on both, first up Mr Surfacer 1500 …

… then red oxide and the first “dots” made on my Cricut Maker…

…followed by more dot and green…

…then lastly the yellow.

Now ready for some varnish.

2 Likes

Moving along nicely with the F …I like the abstract cam design - Sits well on it … The F would be the perfect support tank for your E100 build you have going on as well … looks great :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks John I have updated the E-100 thread as well.

1 Like

Looks great.
F hulls were in Berlin in ‘45 but they had G turrets.

1 Like

Is the camouflage scheme authentic? Is it historically accurate? Or did you think of this yourself?
The technique looks advanced to me and is probably out of my reach for at least some years.
Have to learn a lot more to get more advanced. :innocent:

1 Like

No the camouflage is pure speculation as is the tank.

2 Likes

will you repeat the scheme on the top of the hull? Mine will not have a scheme this complicated (and I got both the RFM and dragon kit[my ref has 2 hull, one for the panther G and one for the panther F, but I’m not sure if it’s accurate, so I’ll do him as a 8,8cm panther G])

1 Like

No more camouflage pattern.

1 Like

Who was saying that?

1 Like

Here for a start-
https://www.amazon.com/Focus-2-Panzers-Berlin/dp/1908032162

1 Like

Finished. rather than lots of mud and dirt I thought I would try and depict a vehicle that is standing watch in a city and has not moved for some time.
So no track wear for example where the road wheels make contact.
Not sure I have got the look entirely right.

4 Likes

Looking really good, I really like the disc camo. Best regards…Dale

2 Likes

Once again, an intriguing camo pattern and outstanding execution of the details. Love the exhaust stacks.

2 Likes

Looks very good Cats, that cam is a proper stand alone one. Very nicely applied :+1:. This is just an observation, but the engine decks look squeaky clean… They wouldn’t necessarily be filthy… But I’d expect a bit of grime…
The tracks and running gear are once again like the E100 looking perfect, you have that down to a fine art :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like