Rivet Counters vs. OOB

You must admit though, that there will be controversy when someone refers to those at both endpoints and everyone in between with the same term.

KL

As I said earlier you read into/imagine intent that wasn’t there or intended. And what made you thing that I was singling you out, unless you are one of those know it all types that I also referenced? I was making a general statement trying to convey a general idea and if you read the rest of the post I did acknowledge that I enjoy following so called rivet counter threads as well as their work and admire them for it. I don’t begrudge how anyone wishes to pursue the hobby.

To be clear it is not the addition of extra details, the in depth research or the corrections that I have issue with. In fact, I clearly state that I admire those things and those who make those efforts… What I do have issue with is the snarky attitude that I have personally encountered on numerous occasions. I know the difference between constructive criticism and condensing attitude.

Well… this thread is giving out all sorts of negative waves.

7 Likes

Yeah. Not exactly what I intended but people will believe what they want to believe and there is no dissuading them I guess. Interesting how it touches such a nerve in some people though. Eh,se la vie.

1 Like

You mixed up your replies. It was SdAufKla who said “I took your comments and criticisms to be directed squarely at me . . .” I guess it was his nerve you figure got touched and you meant to say to him that perhaps he sees himself as one of the know-it-all types, eh?

I never said or even thought you were singling me out. I was objecting to your general statement / general idea / broad-based smear.

Please keep digging though. I’m sure the way out is about four feet farther down . . .

KL

Why can’t you just take me at my word and believe that I opened this thread out of curiosity. You presume to much.

1 Like

I may be late to the thread, but I am kind-of in the middle. When looking at others’ builds, I am no snob. As a modeler on the lower end of the skill spectrum, I appreciate almost everything. When building, however, I would like to be accurate, and have been doing much research to at least have a mostly realistic model. I am not to the point where I have to have the most realistic AM parts (largely because of budget) but I do appreciate realism/accuracy.

2 Likes

Thread will be temporarily locked to give everyone time to calm down and/or find
an interesting topic elsewhere
:wink: :grin:

7 Likes