Road to chaos

Wow! I am a new member so I have not seen your build before. I am impressed. The ground work looking great. /Erik

1 Like

Hi Ven,

Really looking good, especially now the vegetation is being added, very nice, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

1 Like

A New Years update. Some more vegetation added with sea foam trees and bushes along with a few flowers and some ground cover. AFVs are currently under construction as well as some figures I’m debating on adding with them.

9 Likes

Lovely work there Ven. There’s nothing quite like the moment when the vegetetation goes down to make the whole thing come to life.

Are you going to add any road side posts or markers? That’s always an opportunity for a bit of white as well…

1 Like

I Actually took your advice and added a road sign earlier today! Thank you for the idea!

Very impressive & I hear the grinding of approaching engines :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

A verry big project… Keep on the good work…

1 Like

Slow progress on the Actual models going onto this Dio but I’m getting there . Weather has begun this morning. Still deciding on decals and unit numbers. Most likely a mixed unit of Grossdeutschland Division around late ‘43 early ‘44.

4 Likes

Another weekend update… Added some more texture to the road along with some track imprints. Vegetation was also added to a few more spots throughout. Next step should be adding the AFVs and troops after everything is dried and ready.

8 Likes

Its looking great so far and loving the detail. If I can make one very little suggestion from experience @Venomous85, if the track surface is mud or dirt/loose stone bits, on the sharp corner, (and this applies if the tanks are going up or down ) there will be alot more evidence of the tanks and heavy vehicles making the turn. They would be travelling up or down very slowly and that is a very sharp turn for a tank, so there will be a lot of stick pulling and the tracks will dig in and make a lot of mess in a turning arc as they navigate around the bend. If it is a loose surface then the inside and outside of the bend will be pretty churned up. Hope you dont mind me saying, but you have done such a cracking job so far… :+1:

2 Likes

outstanding groundwook i like it a lot

1 Like

Looking real good, keep up the good work.

1 Like

Here’s an updated road shot. Very good call on the churned up road, had to let the initial layer dry before I spruced it up some more. @Johnnych01 thank you very much !

6 Likes

That looks perfect @Venomous85. Top work :+1:. Hope it didn’t put you back to much

1 Like

Ground work and foliage are outstanding. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Wow looks amazing! Its gonna be a winner when done.

1 Like

Yeh, really great work, looking better and better! /Erik

1 Like

Venomous,
You have done a bang up job with this, your vegetation work around those trees is spot on. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Rick

1 Like

Very cool build Venom excellent ground work !!

1 Like

Back with a small update, been a hectic 2 weeks. Started getting the vehicles “set” into the ground work. Still some more to add this weekend when I have more time.

9 Likes