Roden Albatros D.III -Voss

Our local modelling club hosted a competition after 4 years so I entered my D111. It’s the Roden kit,
Gas Patch Spandau machine guns, many thanks to Richard Andrews for the Voss decals. Uschi wood grain decals, hand painted propeller. I used fine fishing line and want to thank Mike “Sandbagger” Norris for all the help. Of course I have to thank “Frenchy” for the most incredible research and being my sounding board.

18 Likes

Congrats ! It’s an amazing build, the engine , the colors, the terrain, it all blends in.
You should be proud.

1 Like

I love these planes. Nicely done!

1 Like

Marvelous D.III.

Voss flew a Pfalz D.III for a short time ( four flights?). It looks good with silver-gray, a chrome yellow nose, and black personal markings.

Nitro74, thank you very much.

phil2015 thank you, I really love the Albatros aircraft as well.

JPTRR
Thank you very much. Which markings did Voss used on his Pfalz DIII?

Looks great! nice work :+1:

A0E4 thank you.

That’s turned out really nice.
Is it the 1/32 kit?

phantom, yes it’s the Roden 1/32 kit. thank you.

1 Like

JJJJJJJJJJJJust beutyfull, wel done SIR and thank you for sharing it with us, it’s quite appreciated !

jmarc, many thanks for the kind comment.

Congrats for the win with our model!

Basco, thank you very much.

Hi Boggie,

My apologies, I just found your question. I also realized his Pfalz did not have the personal markings his Albatross did. The Pfalz was yellow nose, yellow stripes around the fuselage, and (maybe) a yellow tail. I read that the tail is thought to be many colors and I do not know which is correct.

JPTRR: Better late than never and thank you for the homage piece, it is a fitting tribute.
Regards

Very nice build. I love it.

Welcome to the forum, I am happy that you like it.

What are your thoughts about the Rhoden Kit? I have built neither Rhoden or Wingnuts kits so I am trying to find the better WW1 aircraft kits in 1/32nd.