RSO-01 Type 470 - Dragon 6691

Hello dears I tell you that my next objective is another variant of the RSO, in this case it is an RSO-01 Type 470, from Dragon kit 6691, with the naked eye and comparing with the model of Revell’s RSO-03 that has just finished there are years of evolution, You can see the technological advance between that model and this one. Finishing details in its pieces, photo-etched, link by link, noticeable differences … let’s see how it ends, for now, just the presentation …

RSO-01 Type 470

Regards

4 Likes

Have fun with it

1 Like

Interesting build. Look forward to watching.

Saw this review a while back on Perth, I thought it might be of interest if you haven’t seen it before.

Perth Military Modelling - Dragon RSO Review

2 Likes

Thanks by suggest, all sum when we start with a new model.
Regards

1 Like

Hello everyone, starting slowly, starting, engine h frame … tremendous differences, with respect to Revell’s, the only questionable thing is the assembly plan, the step by step, it could be more open, if you assemble it, study how well before If it can’t be complicated, I had to do a pirouette to place the exhausts …
the photos of the small preview …

Regards

4 Likes

Looks like good progress on the frame and engine! :+1:

1 Like

Hi evrybody, more steps with the assebly of the RSO/01.
It is not simple, the guide its difficult to understand, You must be concetrate if you want no have mistekes in the asseble of this steps. The advances:

Regards, Omar

4 Likes

One step more…

Regards, Omar

3 Likes

Great choice Omar! If I ever return to building 1/35 vehicles this RSO is top of my list, so many diorama possibilities & I’m amazed I’ve never seen it appear in one (?) – maybe you are exactly the right guy to change that?! :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

A standard practice with Dragon kits if they have a few different boxings. Like the look so far. I plan to build the Italeri kit soon.

Tim
Maybe I will make a little scene, but It no is the idea, I use to put the model in a simple base. I have two problems, one is the few space on the vitrin, an the other is I have a lot of models for to make… The problem of most modelist, ho ho!!!
Omar

1 Like

Ryan
Its more easy to do the kit of Italeri, but the Dragon has more details. It’s an election that depends of each. Both models can be very well.
Regards, Omar

1 Like

Hello everybody
A small advance in RSO 01, little by little it is taking shape …

Greetings, Omar

5 Likes

Omar, you have that RSO looking great!

What color scheme are you considering painting it in?

Hi Buff, thanks
It will be an European eastern scheme, yellow with strips red and green, like I painted the RSO/03. My idea is compare both, and see the differents with each other.
Regards, Omar

1 Like

Well more steps, I show you, picture by picture, how I have done the canvas of the box , I hope you like it…

Regards, Omar

4 Likes

Wow beautiful work! Yep that’s how I’d do the tarp too - the only difference being I’d mix powder-paint in with the (even more diluted) white glue so it’s a one-step operation, the tissue still stays surprisingly rigid when dry. And if you need to adjust the tarp colour & stain/streak it, dry powder-paint works well using soft brushes :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Excellent annotation, that step did not occur to me to do it, I will take it into account for the next one I do, thanks for the comment.
Greetings, Omar

Good morning everyone
I started with the airbrush, RSO 01 begins to take color, I also started working with its base, it will be a simple pasture. I hope you like the previews …

Regards

4 Likes

Hi
Put the decals on, start walking the final steps of the model …

Regards, Omar

6 Likes