Rye Field Model 1/35 T-34 D30 Self Propelled Howitzer

Glad to help

1 Like

I just finished putting the primer on mine. It’s a nice kit, a few ejector pin holes to fill and the photo etch is too small for my fingers but it goes together well. I wimped out and am going to make tarp to cover the void instead of trying to cobble together an interior.I will follow your build with interest.

1 Like

more work thanks to a build of the MiniArt Egyptian T-34/85 I am following elsewhere I now have this - left side wall done (needs 2 seats on the left which are the only real part of the actual vehicle I have evidence of but they can wait for the front to be done), went with only 1 fire extinguisher. Right hand side only seems to have a couple of things

4 Likes

Doesn’t AFV Club’s T34 series have a number of accuracy issue?

No, the floor wasn’t raised.

1 Like

to me that looks “lightly” raised - and logically if it wasn’t you would be tripping over the control rods from driver to engine…

image is great tho - shows seats on BOTH sides (I thought they were only on the left)…

No idea. But I’m using the interior

I was pretty impressed with my Ryefield VW Type 82 “Beetle” kit. There were a few hang ups but I really enjoyed the build and it had ALOT of details OOB.

This build is looking good so far.

What are those boxes laying around? Aren’t they the 85mm ammo boxes?

if it is from primeportal it looks wrecked, so probably loads of crap chucked in it

Link to the Prime Portal pages:

The one on Prime Portal seesms to have lost the raised floor, one of the images show a rod standing up from the hull bottom which, to me, looks as if it could have been a support for a raised floor.

1 Like

So on the plan T34 is there a floor under the ammo boxes? I’ve never thought about this.

Miniart thinks the T-34/85 looks like this inside

Looks like boxes all the way down to me :wink:

1 Like

I looked that up as well and even looked at AFVs instructions and That can’t be Right as the control rods have to have space.

Only needs a few inches …

I think the boxes sit on a sub floor and the rods run under that.

I’m sure it does now that you’ve built it that way, but its not.

Yes there’s a floor under the ammo boxes.

and all that’s removed.

seats and controls in (not 100% accurate but fills the space in)… thought I was done but then as there is a machine gun I need to add the spare ammo racks (I assume that is what it is in front of the right hand seat… unfortunately no gun parts for the interior so will need to make “something” I guess.

5 Likes