Santa's Gift to an Eagle Nut

Hi all,

For Christmas I was lucky enough to get a new book to sit alongside a not so new ring bound ‘book’.

If you’re a fan of the Eagle, or Space 1999 in general, I would definitely recommend this book.

Below are a few of my Eagles, diecasts, so not strictly models…but they still look great, imho, :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

14 Likes

A few? Glad you got the book, as that seems like your jam. :+1:

2 Likes

It certainly is a very nice collection… I was watching the reruns on TV a while ago

1 Like

Lots’ of technical illustrations? I love technical illustrations :heart: :open_book: :pen:

1 Like

And G … as Ive seen the collection of Eagles … you surely have enough to knock up a rather nice dio with a one on a landing platform or a split level one showing a platform and part of a hanger … :grin: :grin: ( what scale are they ? )

1 Like

Plenty of them, I’ll try and take a few photos for you tomorrow as an example Kosprueone, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, :beer:

1 Like

The temptation has been there John, but not sure I’d want to risk damaging them, one day I might try to build an Eagle launch pad, but it’ll be big as they’re reckoned to be 1/72nd scale, :roll_eyes: :thinking:…not sure swmbi would approve though, :laughing:.

2 Likes

Slides paper over, better to ask for forgiveness then permission. :joy:

2 Likes

Cunning thought Ryan, :laughing:.

1 Like

As promised, and especially for Kosprueone, a few images from the new Space 1999 Moonbase Alpha Tech Ops manual.

It runs to approximately 270 pages, and the majority of the book is illustrations as shown below, be it habitation, craft, or personnel…very worthwhile purchasing, imho, if you’re a fan, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, cheers, :beer:, and a happy New Year to one and all, :beer: :beer:, hic!

8 Likes

Good looking pages. I need to get this book

2 Likes

Kosprueone, if you like blueprints, and if you’re an Alien franchise fan I would definitely recommend that you get a copy of the ‘Alien: The Blueprints’, it’s an outstanding and well detailed book, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

It runs to over 150 pages, the size is a tad awkward for my bookshelves at 14.33" x 10.25" (365mm x 260mm), I can only store it flat, :roll_eyes: :thinking:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

5 Likes

I do love those type of books … They bring back the kid in me … I still buy the star wars tech manuals for the cutaway drawings inside :grin:

2 Likes

too cool
very nice collection

1 Like

Good thing I didn’t see this until now. The charge will be on next month’s credit card bill. :innocent: Thanks for posting G-man.

1 Like

“The Works” here in the U.K. often have Haynes Owners Workshop Manuals on offer and I occasionally pick one up…

and many, many more…

4 Likes

Wow, indeed it is

1 Like

I agree John, I have a few from the original trio of Star Wars movies, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Glad I am able to help you spend your money Colin, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Not sure which one you’re after, Space 1999 or Aliens, but methinks you’ll find it money well spent, but please let me know what you think if you do manage to get a copy, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

They’re very useful books to have Tom, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:. They also do a Thunderbirds version which, like the Captain Scarlet book, is illustrated by Graham Bleathman…an excellent artist/illustrator imho, :thinking:.

And if you do like cutaway illustrations and are a Gerry Anderson fan I would recommend the book below.

3 Likes