Santa's Gift to an Eagle Nut

Now you mention it, I do remember seeing them in there from time to time. You can get a few one off decent reference books from there as well sometimes. :+1:

2 Likes

Late to this party by a few days but thought you might like to have a look at this available at the moment on E-Bay G though the long haired Sgt Major might have something to say about this purchase.

1 Like

Uber cool! :star_struck:

The “godfather” a sci-fi FX as we know it IMHO, Gerry Anderson has left such a mark on my life. Fantastic, collection!! :heart_eyes:

Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Hello G.

The 1999 Tech manual arrived today (and a matching extra awesome Christmas sweater). Thank-you for your original post, the manual is excellent and definitely worth the price.

Cheers,
Colin

1 Like

If memory serves that was from a few years back and I was very tempted when it first came out Maximus, very, :roll_eyes: :thinking:. They have released a number of items that, right or wrong, I’ve avoided as they’ve not been canon to the series…plus, as you say, SWMBI would have something to say about it and, for sure, it most likely would not be positive, :thinking: :roll_eyes:.

G, :beer:

Amen to that Gavin, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:. I still find it amazing that some of the various show vehicles from Thunderbirds through to Space 1999 still stand the test of time and, imho, don’t look dated, :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Glad you got it Colin, and also extremely glad you’re not disappointed with it, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:, always difficult making recommendations as they’re based on personal feelings.

Do we get to see which sweater you treated yourself to, :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:?

Cheers, :beer:

Only to be worn in the presence of those rare individuals possessing the intellectual depth to appreciate the finely nuanced, cinematic tour de force that is Space 1999. Not too subtle, is it? :grin:

It’s a nice compliment to a Firefly/Serenity Christmas sweater my kids gave me a couple of years ago.

Cheers,
Colin

7 Likes

Now that’s showing some real dedication there. Can’t help but feel that it would look better with one sleeve a different colour :grinning:

1 Like

That jumper is cool Colin, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:, I was sorely tempted by it, but doubt SWMBI would have been seen out with me, :smirk:, but with hindsight would that have been such a bad thing, :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

I agree with Maximus though, they did miss a trick not colouring left sleeve either a nice snowy white, Christmas green, or a Santa red, :smile:.

1 Like

@Maximus8425
@G-man69

Agreed. A white sleeve (red or green might clash) would stylishly complete the ensemble. Personally, I’d loose the big orange Space: 1999 - if you recognize the eagle (and really, who wouldn’t), the fluorescent title just draws the eye away from the true star of the show. Hmmm… I wonder how long it takes to learn to knit. :thinking:

G, I hope you acknowledge your wife’s social acuity. This sweater’s only going to be appreciated by a very discerning crowd. If you were to arrive at the Royal Enclosure at Ascot alone, people would talk.

Cheers,
Colin

1 Like

I agree about the day-glo title Colin, but as for Ascot, they’d not recognise me as I’d also be wearing the following…

I’ll be incognito in my 1:1 helmet with gold tinted visor, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

p.s. as an aside, below is a link that might be of interest to fellow Space 1999 nuts.

4 Likes

Ah… yes, the old “blend into the crowd” trick. Well played.

Quite the collection of tempting stuff in the Sixteen 12 shop. I could indulge and push my retirement back a good 5 years due to extreme debt. Her Ladyship would frown…really not worth it.

Cheers,
Colin

2 Likes

I know I’m resurrecting this thread a little however I thought it worth it to show this scratch built Eagle which was being shown at the North East Model Fair yesterday.

And also because I am a huge fan of the Amtrak Wars books this scratch built Wagon Train.

11 Likes

South Lakes? Is that the Barrow-in-Furness mob? I haven’t seen them in over a couple of decades (I wish I got out more); they always had some really interesting stuff on show.

Regards,

M

A very worthwhile resurrection.

The eagle is nicely done but the scratch build wagon train is really unique. I don’t know how many times I read the Amtrak series but if they’re still on the shelves in the basement I might make it one more. Thanks for taking me back.

Cheers,
Colin

1 Like

I honestly don’t know where they are based, but it is probably Barrow. They had loads of stuff on display.

10 Likes

The Wagon Train is a minor feat in itself. The only thing not scratched are the wheels which are taken off a toy monster truck I think, well many of them. It matches up brilliantly with the illustrations of a Federation Wagon Train from the Dark Visions illustrated guide.

3 Likes

@G-man69 G, thank you for sharing your outstanding collection of Eagles!

SPACE:1999 Eagle’s & Hawk’s always have a special :heart: place in my opinion.

2 Likes

You’re more than welcome Wade, and I whole heartedly agree with your sentiments, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.