Santa's Gift to an Eagle Nut

That Amtrak is outstanding. I had all the books, … God I was Sci-fi geek lol… They were cool though…

And G @G-man69 , please tell me YOU DO NOT have that helmet lol…

1 Like

Why, do you want to try it on John, :wink:…you’re okay, I stick to the craft, not the 1:1 helmets and suchlike, :laughing:.

G, :beer:

1 Like

Wow, that Amtrak Wars Wagon train is something!! :star_struck:

Is that scratch built?

Yes it was completely scratch built apart from the wheels which have come off numerous monster truck toys.

1 Like

Damn you for posting that pic G…I have just ordered the first 3 Amtrak books lol

1 Like

They are very good with a nice dated in style. I thoroughly enjoyed them. Nice themes in them taking old ‘Wild West’ expressions and twisting them. A Wagon Train, being literally a train of wagons (said AMTRAK), aircraft called 'arrowheads", etc. Also liked the characters having ‘Names of Power’ , like “Cadillac Deville” and my favourite - “Toshiro Hase-Gawa”… :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone is interested but I’ve just found out that there is a good chance of a Gerry Anderson UFO technical operations manual being released by the same people that did the excellent Space 1999 one referred to earlier in this post (see image below).

Below is the screenshot of the heads-up given by the supplier.

If it’s produced in a similar fashion to the Space 1999 book then this is going to be a must for me as I am a huge fan, and some of the hardware used in the series ranks amongst my favourite from Gerry Anderson.

4 Likes

Thanks for the post G. I can’t find any information on the regular Anderson shopping sites so please let me know when this hits the shelves or goes on pre-order.

Cheers,
Colin

1 Like

You’re welcome Colin, and, as requested I’ll keep you updated, but see link below for the latest. :slightly_smiling_face:.

Can’t wait for this one, if it’s half as good as the previous one it’ll be worth it, :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks G.

I don’t know why I couldn’t find that page. I’ve added myself to their notification list and hope the publisher’s aiming for a Christmas release. I could (very unselfishly) pass the link to one of my loving offspring and avoid the “we never know what to get you conversation”. :grin:

Cheers,
Colin

3 Likes

That link only came up sometime over the weekend Colin, so it wasn’t you not looking properly, :wink:.

It seems to suggest that it should be released sometime late October/early November, so an offspring present for Christmas would be a cunning plan, and beats socks, :thinking: :laughing:.

What’s wrong with socks? :grin:

Cheers,
Colin

3 Likes

They’ll go well with last years Christmas jumper, :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Yep, the haute couture crowd has nothing on me!

Cheers,
Colin

1 Like

Time to spend more money?

Preorder available for MPC’s 1/24 Moonbuggy - 2023 release.

I wonder if this is the same mold as the 1/24 buggy in the Nuclear Storage Facility kit with an additional sprue for the powertrain. Either way I’ll probably add it to the stash.

Cheers,
Colin

4 Likes

I’ll probably end up with two of them, one for Sci-fi and one on a trailer behind a pickup.

1 Like

Hi all,

Just to let everyone know that the ‘UFO S.H.A.D.O. Technical Operations Manual’ mentioned previously in this post has been published.

Mine arrived yesterday and I have to say it is eye-candy for any fan of the UFO series, or for that matter fan of any of the great Gerry Anderson shows.

Brings the inner kid in me out to play, :wink:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

4 Likes

Great project idea!

Or you could buy four and go multiple colour schemes:

Was a very popular vehicle at the time:

8 Likes

Gotta love the banana splits lol…

3 Likes