Scalemates

Quick question, does anyone use Scalemates to keep track of their stash? Any thoughts on that?

I don’t but many folks do. Personal choice.

I keep a simple spreadsheet listing the kits and their locations. I save Scalemates to use as a place to search info on kits rather than letting it host my stash.

4 Likes

Ditto to what barkingdigger writes

1 Like

I use it - works well for me and it’s free .

I didn’t realize people keep track of their stash, maybe i should give it a try.

2 Likes

Depends on what you mean by “stash”,
some call it a “shopping spree” some call it a stash,
when the number of kits is less than 50 or maybe 100
there is no need for fancy stash management,
when “The Heap of Insanity” has grown to 4 digit numbers
it gets complicated …

5 Likes

Or in my case, when it teeters on the edge of gravitational implosion into a singularity…

4 Likes

Yup, I use Scalemates for tracking my stash among other things. I’ve even done some product entries on decal sheets that they did not have in their database, as well as adding a few instructions sheets. Personally I love the functionality of the site and ability to add stuff to the database by members. Although I have occasionally seen an error or two in kit histories due to such input.

2 Likes

I suppose I’m not at 100 yet but i may be pushing just over 50. I sometimes look at my stash and say one day I’ll build it all or sell some kits. I generally put kits in groupings if they’ll be used for a diorama as that is the reason they were bought in the first place.

1 Like

I would never want to document how many kits I have. My wife might find it.

6 Likes

Yes I do. And to keep track of wishlist kits and projects (allows you to group stash items together).

It’s a very helpful site, particularly for finding the origin of molds.

Keep your friends close and your stash list closer.
:grin:

5 Likes

I find it quite useful, especially in keeping track of the paints. I prefer shopping “offline” in my local gaming stores and it comes quite handy to be able to check if I have this “LP61” or “XF-85” or something…

1 Like

No worries- Scalemates requires a password.

1 Like

I have a somewhat related story :grin:
I was buying like 4 or 5 board games at my local shop - easily over $200. I’m at the checkout and the store manager said: See - someone left a payslip for (the equivalent of) $4.99 - do you want it for your wife?

9 Likes

I visit Scalemates often for the data base. I click stash on kits I have and haven’t started yet. I don’t use it to index my inventory. I upload instruction sheets that need contributing

I use it to inventory, peruse and view what kits I have . When I complete one I delete it from inventory. When I acquire a new kit I add it .
It is much easier than rooting through the large Rubbermaid tubs the kits are stored in . My stash seems to hover between 130 - 140 kits . Mostly 1/48 aircraft but some 1/35 soft skins / artillery , a couple 1/350 naval items and a few automobile items .

1 Like

That’s right, so I use Scalemates too for tracking my inventory.
And Scalemates is all in all a really good thing :+1:

Yep use scalemates to keep track, check reviews and kit location. I don’t worry about creating a spread sheet when it’s already been done and has loads of features. Including the ability to print a hard copy. All the upgrades are associated with the proper kits…it’s a great resource.