Sci-Fi and Alternative history campaign VIII

Thanks Jesper, glad to get something finished and bring a new manufacturer to everyone’s attention.
Cozmic have announced today that they’re doing the Ferengi shuttle Quark’s Treasure in 1/72.
If the price is right, I’m definitely getting it! Already have a Roswell crash diorama in mind.

1 Like

And that’s about it for the detail painting.
If the weather’s dry tomorrow I’ll be able to take it outside for a quick coat of gloss.

6 Likes

Going for the Dhofar SAS colour scheme then. :grin:

Coming along nicely Stephen.

Still trying to get paint on the figures for my E10. If I don’t have them done, I’ll just post pics of the finished TD.

1 Like

It does look a bit pink there! Think it’s the living room light.

Looking forward to seeing it finished.

1 Like

Got most of the decals on today, just the name to add once the stripes have dried.

They went down really well with no trouble. I have brushed on a little Microsol to help them snuggle down.

Lots left over on the sheet, they’ll be useful for other projects. I like the addition of the markings for San Francisco Fleet Yards, Starfleet Command, Starbase 12. Gives you something different to the usual Enterprise based shuttle.
With some trimming and swapping numbers, you could do a lot of different alternatives from this sheet alone! The only pod from the Enterprise that was missing is the Pike, which I probably would have done.

7 Likes

Looking good Stephen. It really looks to be a nice little kit.

1 Like

Okay, once again the figures I am painting for two of my builds are back in primer…

So I thought I would post the pics of the E10 itself to show the completed build. It was actually ready by the original end date, but I was going to wait for the figures.

Hopefully the figures will co-operate in the next few days.

9 Likes

Lovely build Peter. You’ve certainly done it justice :+1:. Really like the cam and the live foliage on the hull… Ready for the ambush…

1 Like

Thanks Peter. Really close to the finishing line now!

If I get 5 mins after all of today’s Christmas prep (stuff to cook, presents still to wrap!), I’ll get those last two decals on.

2 Likes

That has finished up looking terrific Stephen, for a last minute .com build you have nailed it. For such a weeee kit, it certainly ticks all the boxes. Lovely work.

1 Like

Brilliant build Peter. The camouflage does suit it. It’s a mean looking little vehicle!

2 Likes

Thanks John. Sometimes you need a quick little build like this to get your mojo back.
I am liking Cozmic’s range a lot. A bigger scale would have been nicer, but they’re trying to stay to a consistent 1/72 for the Star Trek shuttles. It’s the scale AMT picked for the Runabout, so it makes sense if you were doing a collection.

1 Like

Looks great, Stephen and John.

Looks great Stephen and Pete. Nice work both of you.

I’m mostly off this week, so should get the Walker done.

Zon

2 Likes

Aloha All,

I have sandbags! Feeling pretty happy about my first attempt sculpting anything. The brown ones in the back are from Value Gear, which I used as a size guide. The tan ones are freshly sculpted with Tamiya Epoxy Putty, Quick Type, and I also made a sand pile. The ultimate plan is to have this in a diorama prepping for an assault, so the sandbags are being filled and placed, hence not that many on top. By the time I got that many, the epoxy was getting a bit more difficult to work. Still remaining on the walker is the slogan on the side.

Happy Modeling and Merry Christmas.
Zon

8 Likes

Looking good Zon. An interesting way to finish the Walker.

I’ve got the last decals on the El-Baz, gave it a light wash of Games Workshop nuln oil around the thruster vents and doors and finally a light coat of Tamiya satin clear. With that she’s done. Thought it would be fun to take the final photos on the shuttles sheet from those old Star Trek Fact Files magazine.

As soon as I can next year, I’ll get the Kazon Raider finished up and post some photos. The things taking up far too much room on the workbench!

It’s been a great campaign and we’ve had lots of really cool and different builds.
Looking forward to seeing what we all do in next year’s campaign.

Stephen

8 Likes

Looks Great Stephen, particularly at such a small size.

I am calling mine done for the campaign. My take on the 1/48th scale Bandai AT-ST Scout Walker of the Endor Brigade as it prepares for the assault on Foye, seeking revenge for the destruction of Alderaan.

My ultimate hope is to include this in a small scene where the sandbags are being placed, although the sandbag filler is taking a smoke break and chatting with another guy, while the officer types look over a map spread out on the hood of the jeep.

A lot of work yet on that one.

As always this has been a great campaign and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Made sandbags from epoxy and wrote a slogan with water color pencils.

Happy Modeling,
Zon

8 Likes

Hi @SGTJKJ, Looks like the GOING button at the first post has gone corrupt… None of the participants entries are showing… Any idea when this GB will officially be completed? How to know who will get these campaign badges :slight_smile:

Great to see some strong finishes towards the final deadline. :slight_smile:

BlockquoteHi @SGTJKJ, Looks like the GOING button at the first post has gone corrupt… None of the participants entries are showing… Any idea when this GB will officially be completed? How to know who will get these campaign badges :slight_smile:

The campaign has finished, so therefore nobody can join via the “going” button.

I will prepare a list of campaign finishers. Post it in this tread and wait a week or so, to allow anybody I might have missed to speak up. Thereafter I submit everything to the campaign staff and they award the medals. :slight_smile:

So it will take some weeks from now before the medal shows up, but it is coming to all finishers :slight_smile:

4 Likes