Sci-Fi & What If VII Campaign

Nah, they are like the pistols in the old Western movies, they never run out of ammo…

4 Likes

Jesper it’s my own house I made up, House Crabro (Hornet) the yellow/black combination!

Working on the base at the moment, just trimming the plasticard and ‘grass’ to shape then it’s going back to the bench for painting.

1 Like

Of course it is the power supply. How could I not see this :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

Well been doing little bits here and there and have got the base done although still need to tie it all together with some dust and dirt weathering around the feet and lower legs.
Also had a little accident which caused the torso to come off the hips, while fixing it to the base the glue took a bit longer to cure than expected and with the knight being slightly forward heavy it toppled forward. The wire reinforcing held but the glue didn’t which then meant forcing it apart so I could reglue it, now done with two part epoxy!

Yes the rear section of the lance does have bend in it, I did do the hot water and straighten method which worked then a couple of days later is was bent again!

Calling the bonus build Khorne Blood Slaughterer finished, this one doesn’t come with a base and is supposed to be used unbiased I will however look for a suitably sized base as I feel the legs are just looking to get snapped off.

5 Likes

These things are sent to try us !! :+1:

1 Like

Resin is always a challenge! The spear especially - it looks bent as well or maybe it is the angle.

I used triple think wire to pin my lancer at the waist. It holds, but my lancer also sometimes turn unplanned.

What’s the deadline for this build?
I really need to get back on with mine.

1 Like

@phantom_phanatic yep I’m the same with marvin

1 Like

Per the campaign from the old site, the end date is March 1st, 2021. I’ve got to get a move on.

1 Like

Thanks.
Still time I think to sort out the decal debacle!

still time to start an easier kit lol

1 Like

I primed my figure and started to airbrush until I had an air compressor oil leak that I still need to fix. Therefore, I sprayed OD green (something different, harks back to WW2 Sherman color) and I will handpaint the camouflage due to my malfunctioning air compressor.

I’ll post photos soon before I use the paintbrush.

1 Like

That was an idea I had with that 2001 shuttle.
Then I decided to build Deckard’s Sedan for the Dream Car build in the scale auto forums. One etch set and LED’s later, a quick build is turning into something more complex that’s taking a lot of careful thought and planning. And I’ve still not nailed down the paint scheme on that car.
I think I’ll try and fix the BoP. Keep it simple.

The BoP has to fly Stephen … its been tied up in Space dock waiting to depart … :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Some progress:

I think he looks more relaxed or neutral that Kane did in Alien, but otherwise I’m happy with the results. Lips are bit dark, but I’m not touching the face again.

6 Likes

Looks really good Pasi :+1:

1 Like

Although as a non-participant I probably shouldn’t, may I ask if Deckard’s Sedan would not be as at home here as in the “Dreams” group? I’ve had a quick look at the rules and neither group specifies exclusivity, so two birds, one stone? It might be a solution if the workload is getting a bit much, although this might be offset by the tighter scheduling required here.

Regards,

M

Well, the Old rule of “one build, one campaign” applies here. So you cannot enter the same build in two campaigns. We are not doing ribbons anymore, but as a campaign leader I am strict on that rule.

The rules for what can be entered into this campaign are very loose as almost anything could fit into “What if & Sci-Fi”.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll post some pics over here when it’s done.
I do have Fujimi’s Police Ground Car and Spinner that would make great build logs.
My intention is to display all three together in a large case.

1 Like

As something of a newcomer I wasn’t aware of that, I presume it applies throughout the KitMaker Network?
Thank you for the clarification.

Regards,

M

1 Like