Sci-Fi & What If VII Campaign

Primed and sprayed the base coat Olive Drab. The two front guns were primed and then sprayed with Semi-Gloss Black. I plan to substitute the shotgun for the gray sniper rifle.

I have air compressor problems so I’m going to handpaint the rest from now on.

5 Likes

I’m going to throw my hat in the ring for this one as well, going to build up a K-2SO for my next project.

4 Likes

Tom, yes, it is typically a rule used across the site. Not set in stone, but I cannot remember any campaigns that allowed builds to be entered in several campaigns.

Looks great, Trisaw. Looking forward to see more as painting progresses.

K2SO fits perfectly in this campaign. I have a stack of the Star Wars figures from Bandai, but still has to make one of them. Looking forward to follow your build. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you once more. I’m not sure I can manage a build, but is it too late to participate in this campaign in the unlikely event I do manage to get my act together?

Regards,

M

2 Likes

No, you can start now. No problem. you are most welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I’m not to sure what I’m doing yet except it will most likely be a small scratch build; that means I may not even know what I’ve built when it’s finished… :confounded:

Regards,

M

1 Like

I brushed on the camouflage and I will move on to completing the figure.

These are WIP photos taken before shading, drybrushing, detail painting, bordering, and weathering.

The actual 120mm Verlinden US Tanker, Desert Storm, has no web belt. I modified it to be a US Marine Corp future Anti-Drone gunner complete with long sniper rifle and submachine gun, guns beefed up with Exoskeleton mechanics on the thighs, shoulders, and biceps to carry the enlarged guns.

9 Likes

Looks pretty cool @Trisaw. Cam is nice and looks the part. Good job :+1:

Nice camo work, for a minute I thought it was a real person standing there, only the guns gave it away.

Thanks, guys, I appreciate the compliments. :smiley:

Trisaw, agree with the guys. Great camo work!

Thanks! I painted with Vallejos and MIG acrylics and sable brushes.

When is the deadline for this Campaign? I know that it’s sometime in March 2021. Thanks.

1 Like

I think it was the 1st of March?

A timely I need to get mine done.

The decals are proving to be incredibly stubborn and I’ve resorted to sanding them off. Will still need a light respray before I put the JTGraphics set down. Fortunately I’m off work next week, so hopefully will get it done.

I’m gonna have to let this one go as I have to much going on at the moment.

As in running the campaign David ? If you’re tied up mate with real life dramas I don’t mind helping out … John

@Johnnych01 nah mate just short of time for gluing and sticking as my wife calls it :grinning:

2 Likes

The campaign runs to the end of March as I recall. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think the requirement is completion by 1st March, so that’s in about a fortnight. So far I’m still just cutting stuff up. I have an idea what the front end should look like, but still have no clue as to what will be aft of the mid-point. It might help if I actually knew WHAT I was building…

Cheers,

M