Sd.Ah. 115 10 ton trailer from Das Werk

Robin are there any “qwik-keys” shortcuts to help us navigate around in these large threads? When I am on my home computer I am automatically taken to the latest post in a thread but when I am on my phone I am always taken to the first opening post at the beginning of the thread. Which can be a real pain when the total number of posts gets above a hundred.

The thread on building the Russian KET-T recovery vehicle is so huge it is getting to be a real bear to move around in.

1 Like

I haven’t got the foggiest idea. I only use the phone for the absolute necessities (puny little sorry excuse for a screen).
If you can tweak the web-address you could possibly type in a high post number to force a direct jump.
Do you see the vertical bar on the right? When you scroll up/down the number will change.

Yeah this is not possible on my phone but I will try that on my home computer (changing the post number in the URL). That should allow me to better navigate around the thread. Thanks!

Yes I was aware of the slider along the right hand side. But I did not realize (until now) that I could grab the slider and use it to make a quick long distance jump within a large thread. So double thanks.

Mike

Proper spare tire lock down retainer and rusty, banged up deck hooks manufactured and installed tonight:

1 Like

Are you logged in to the forums on your mobile phone?

Good point! - No, I look at the site for new activity but I had not bothered to actually log in on my phone. And that is probably why the phone SW takes me to the top of the thread and not to the most recent post. It is treating me like an unregistered guest, a newbie.
Thanks - problem solved.

Here is where things stand tonight as to detailing of the upper deck on my 115:

• Parking chocks and brackets installed.
  • Both turnbuckles installed
  • Winch and Toolbox installed.
  • Crankshaft for winch installed.
  • Raised brackets for jack built and jack installed.

I have just a few more details I intend to manufacture and install and this project really will be complete.

(I don’t know what it is but those German jacks just always seem to quickly rust around me. - Must be something in the air.)

4 Likes

I have not as yet found any historical reference photos to verify that the jack was mounted up on brackets above the deck like that. However common sense says that mounting the jack down in that depression as shown on the Das Werk kit would then have it blocking the path for threading a winch cable from another vehicle through the two fairleads.

So far the only reference I have found is in the AM detail kit from Custom Scale, but as I say it makes perfect sense.
(And also looks more cool and detailed!)

Screen Shot 2021Crop2

1 Like

H.P.

2 Likes

Henri - my thanks as always.

At the risk of posting too much information, this is how I made the mounting brackets for the jack. The “T” that you see below in green, started as a narrow slice of a large Evergreen Plastics “I” Beam which was then cut in half to form 2 "T"s.

1 Like

That’s such a beautiful convergence of probability & proof. Just goes to show, give H.P. an absolute statement & you just KNOW he’s gonna pee all over it - I should know & more than once! He’s a living treasure for all of us :clap: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words Tim (even though “pee all over it” should be considered as an overstatement…)

Here’s another view of the jack mounting brackets :

H.P.

2 Likes

Fair enough, perhaps “research all over it” ? :grin: Great you were able to prove Mike’s conjecture correct here – mine have typically been the opposite leading to many !Doh! moments, invaluable images & information you’ve so kindly & humorously posted me over the years - ever in your debt :tumbler_glass:

The pictured jack resembles the 3 ton one (first from the left) below :

The rack and pinion system is visible (contrary to the other models)

A 1:1 one :

H.P.

5 Likes

I genuinely now think Frenchy is in fact a secret project A.I. embedded into the internet … thats the only plausible explanation to how he finds images so fast that no one else can …

3 Likes

Believe me John…

rocket

H.P.

2 Likes

WOW, you guys slay me!

And as always thanks for the “empty brackets” photo. I have that photo but did not catch that the brackets were visible in it.

Mike
165thspc

As to the breakdown of German jack sizes:

Remember the old TV special when Geraldo Rivera was going to open some Egyptian Tomb and no one knew what he might find?

I got tickled because when they got to the sarcophagus they used an old German tank jack to push the stone lid off the mummy’s crypt.

1 Like

Robin - as to what holds those angled chock blocks in their brackets when the 115 is on the move - I have no idea. There has to be some sort of hold down but I don’t see any evidence of such.