Sherman kits

That’s true of the Tamiya Firefly kits, but the E8s (35346, 35359) are Tamiya’s own tooling.

2 Likes

he has me thinking of this kit too!!

Actually, there was a Tamiya reboxing of the Tasca E8 around the time of the VC’s release.

1 Like

Ok this just sold me on that kit . I have been looking at the fire fly Beautiful work. I will be keeping a eye out for your work in the future.
tenor (11)

Order going in today for RFM’s full interior kit. I like the challenge!!!

bruce

That’ be #25175. I missed that one!

just remember that Tamiya did at least two different e8’s. One is for the Korean War and is slightly different. I have both kits, and they are fine kits. I also have the Firefly, and it’s looks like a Tasca kit to me.
gary

Sorry. I just realized this thread i in the Axis forums. Maybe I can count it as Axis damaged by Shermans!!

bruce

1 Like

What Axis? :shushing_face:

Hang on. It’s Monday morning. Give my brain a bit of time to catch up. Oops. :unamused:

:joy: your good. I was able to change that for you and I was trying to be cheeky about it.

Yes,Tamiya did two Tasca re boxes, the Easy8 and the Firefly, both great kits, although the Easy8 indies were a bit fiddly.
And they later did the two new tooled Easy8’s one WWII and one Korean War with the red face.

1 Like

I just noticed that the original post - “Sherman kits” - was tagged with “miniart”, when they don’t make any Sherman kits, while the companies mentioned in the post that have released Sherman kits were not tagged.

:roll_eyes:

KL

1 Like

I flipped. At the very last minute I went from RFM interior kit to the RFM Firefly. Don’t ask me why because I still don’t know why my self. To late to change now because it has been shipped. :thinking:

bruce

The RFM firefly looks like a great kit with good details such as weld beads etc on the upper hull. I haven’t built mine yet but am awaiting a 2nd one due anytime this week.

Great choice!

(Don’t worry, it’s a fantastic kit!)

1 Like

the story goes that one of the big name designers at TASCA quit and went to work for Tamiya. If you look at the Tamiya M4a3e8; it only lacks the Asuka logo! Tamiya wasn’t capable of doing a Sherman that good with out that guy.

I have a couple of the Korean War kits, and they will not have the red or orange front. I just hate it! The only thing worse was when they did the samething to the M46. Another thing interesting about that Firefly was that the price was always five to ten dollars for than the Asuka kit! Tamiya did include some figures, but Asuka included some other things as I remember. Asuka also used Tamiya parts in their M4a1 series kits as I recall, so their working relationship seems to go well for both parties.
gary

When was the RFM Firefly released? I missed it.

This is going back a year or two, I’m thinking. I built one as a tank from the Sherbrooke Fusiliers that allegedly killed Michael Wittman. When I get home I’ll post some pictures.

2 Likes

Ah, but there’s always room for more Shermans after this one! :grin:

2 Likes