Shermania 2024

Group Build Title: Shermania 2024

Group Build Leader(s): @michaelsatin

Group Build Description: A campaign for all things Sherman. All scales, eras, users, as long as it’s based on the M4 Sherman.

Event Details: Checking the Campaigns database, including closed campaigns, I don’t see that we’ve had a Sherman campaign since the site transferred to the new format several years ago. This is unacceptable! So here it is, a campaign for the classic American Sherman, the tank that won WWII despite German tanks being better that 10 M4s, because we always had 11. Any scale, any user, any era, as long as your model is based on the much-varied M4 Sherman.
(Remember to click “Going” if you want to join the build!)

Completion Award: [add info about possible award badge here - see help threads for more info]

A Note about Awards: The following text is a reminder that in order for people participating and finishing their projects to receive a badge on their forum profile, they will need to provide their account username to the group build leader by the completion date of the build. The leader will then provide this list to the site admin who will bulk award the badges to those users who have finished the group build. If you don’t provide your username or finish the project on the timetable the leader has setup you will not be able to receive an award.

3 Likes

Most definitely in!!!
Sent you a pm regarding rewards btw.

1 Like

This is interesting. Already doing an HVSS Sherman for the Winter Wonderland campaign, but I might get a 1/48 M4 for this one.

Hmmm strong chance I’ll join this. I have a Dragon Sherman Mk III and an RFM Sherman VC Firefly

Likely will do the Mark III in desert camo

1 Like

I have 2 Sherman lying about: a Firefly and one I want to convert to a Calliope…

1 Like

Just FYI, Ron, I haven’t seen that yet.

Michael

1 Like

Good response so far, and I’m guessing we haven’t even heard from the hard-core Shermanohlics yet!

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Got more than a few to choose from. :thinking:

1 Like

You and me both!

2 Likes

As Oddball says, a Sherman can give you a very nice edge!

5 Likes

Would an achilles qualify? Reason I’m asking is I have the AHHQ 1/16th on preorder.

Keith

1 Like

Built on a Sherman chassis, so yes. Would love to see that one built!

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Great, thanks then I’m definately up for it.

Keith

2 Likes

I have an Easy Eight and a Firefly in my stash; plus working on an early war Sherman.

Why not? :grin:

3 Likes

Choices, choices…

The Priest will be done for the “Fire for effect”-campaign, so I am leaning towards combining the Zvezda M4A2 and the Italeri M32B1 to make a USMC M32 in the PTO.

2 Likes

Michael, you beat me to it. I was going to post a “Shermans!” campaign in November to run all of 2024. Well I just joined this one instead. I’ve got a dozen Asuka kits and a couple RFM’s, not sure what I’m gonna do. So many possibilities!

2 Likes

Sorry Matthew! Guess great minds think alike!

I’m afraid I have a modeling problem, that I am in the middle of trying to corral right now. But at last count I have 30 M4 kits, mostly Dragon and Tasca/Asuka with a few Tamiya and Italeri mixed in, in various stages from still in the bags to “why the heck haven’t I just finished this one, already?”. But I’ll land on something. I’ve a long standing desire to do all three Thunderbolts and I have the kits and decals, so maybe one of those…

Michael :stuck_out_tongue: :zap:

2 Likes

Hmmmmmmmmmmm…sounds very tasty indeed. Like ‘SSG Toms’ and you ‘michaelsatin’, I might have to add this campaign to all the other ones I never get to finish! :joy: But what Sherman kit? The Shermans I do have are all prepared with aftermarket…and to represent a few IDF bad boys from 1948 - present. One exception, however…neatly stashed away within the bowels of our hobby room is a Tamiya M51 that is completely dedicated to making a Chilean vehicle. With the conversion kit by Greg Buechler, helpful parts from Shapeways in the way of jerry can brackets, a detail set from Legend, a turned metal barrel from Chuanyu, some brass .30cals from Master, lovely pre-assembled metal tracks from R Model, nicely detailed guards for hatches/lights from TRex, and decals for Chile from Bison…I’ve got a good start. All in all, I just might have to throw this conversion into the mix. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Sounds like a fully chuffed Sherman Jack - you gotta do that one!

1 Like

Has nothing reached you?