Shermania 2024

Nope.

1 Like

I might be in with Tamiya’s 1/35 M51.

2 Likes

Good one Gary, a great kit!

Michael

I’m in with an old classic. Built this as a kid.

4 Likes

Good on ya! But really, who didn’t build this one as a kid?

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Me actually… Built my first in 2022. But I am also rather childish at times, so it still counts, right?

6 Likes

I might be participating with a M51. It has been hiding in my stash for years…

3 Likes

I have never built a Sherman kit.

1 Like

Seriously, Gary? I mean, really??

Well then, here’s your chance!

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s a nice kit. It replicates an M51 Sherman from Y Kippur, because it has the modifications. But you will need the rear stowage rack and the travel lock.

4 Likes

Me neither. I didn’t build one until I was in my twenties.

1 Like

I confess myself shocked and abashed.

Michael :astonished:

1 Like

Building a Sherman is a Rite of Passage. You haven’t lost your armor modeling virginity until you’ve built a Sherman, a Pz IV, and a T-34.

5 Likes

Check, check 'n check.
But I always thought a Sherman, a Panther and a Tiger? These are THE start-off’s, right?

Gotta do the three workhorse tanks. Panther and Tiger are primadonnas.

2 Likes

Great. Just great. Now I’m an armor modeling spinster.

If you cross Sherman off that list, yes. :grin:

Yes. Lovely, expensive, high maintenance, deadly, and jealously envied by every other tank in the room.

4 Likes

Fair point.

1 Like

After looking through the stash for further Sherman possibilities, I find I actually have 2 Sherman possibilities with Chilean markings, and all the aftermarket I can stuff into both boxes, for an M50 and the other being the aforementioned M51. Other than that, most of my other Shermans are outfitted to be IDF beauties. Either way, Chilean Shermans are leading the way at this point.

1 Like

I have an Achilles, an M10, and an M4 destined for a Skink conversion, so i am interested.

1 Like

Jack’s post reminds me. I was thinking about a standard US M4 from WWII, but under current circumstances I may change my focus. These have been in my stash for a long time (as you can probably tell), and I’ve accumulated various extra parts for them over time. May go for one:

Michael :israel:

3 Likes