Shermania 2024

Yup Ryan the Zen flows when I fold PE but I’m getting older…expected lifespan is too short to assemble those tracks.

2 Likes

Assembly of these would put you in a straightjacket!

2 Likes

I see your Modelkasten Sherman tracks and raise you by a set of Voyager photoetch tracks for LVT

And I have done two of those…

Mad Man Crazy GIF - Mad Man Crazy Insane - Discover & Share GIFs

8 Likes

3 Likes

Nope. One set is nuts. Two sets, that is taking self-flagellation to a whole new level.

Reynier, the AFV Club set came out after the Voyager ones, and they are a challenge to assemble i themselves. I had to make my own jig to do them, and even then I needed alligator clips to hold sections together before I could wrangle the locking part in.:

Heaps of flash to clean up too.

7 Likes

Thats a whole new level of crazy !!

6 Likes

Fair enough Nikos, if you are telling me you want the throne of nuts, well you got it! :rofl:
And do you sleep at night or you use a different time warp as in man in black?
Hat off, I won’t complain anymore (though I will look for clever 3D anyway)

3 Likes

It is just a matter of motivation. I prefer any type of plastic or steel tracks over rubber ones. At the time I was building those kits there were no other aftermarket tracks available so it was either photoetch or bust for me.

3D nowadays nine out of ten times will provide the extra parts needed. And one can easily do link and length tracks.

1 Like

There was these
http://www.missing-lynx.com/reviews/usa/hardcorpsxt0001reviewbg_1.html
ET Models did a set as did Click2Detail.

Most are a decade or more older products.

1 Like

You did two sets of those? Are you also a brain surgeon?

4 Likes

Going to join the collective madness with this one …

It will be OOB but minus a fair few bits…

Will explain more later … Maybe :grin:

9 Likes

Also, while I think of it … Does anyone have a decent image of a suspension unit that’s removed showing its mounting onto the hull ?

1 Like

Does this work?

3 Likes

Thats a great start point Ryan, … thanks dude.

2 Likes

Steadily plugging away on the M4A3E2, as well as some other Shermans.
Here you can see them side by side, all in various stages of painting and weathering.

11 Likes

Nice collection Jay! It is surely just an optical illusion but the Sherman on right on each pic looks bigger than the others to my eyes :face_with_spiral_eyes:. Anyway, like the stowages in particular!

1 Like

Will these do? :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thanks Jakko, another big help :+1:

2 Likes

Im currently working on 3 Shermans at once
Tamar (the second Sherman used by the IDF)
M4A3E4 the post war vaeriant used in Kelly’s Heroes
M4A1E9 with the spaced out suspension

3 Likes

Hi Steo, your eyes are not fooling you. The two on the left are M4A3 HVSS tanks, also known as M4A3E8 or Easy Eight, while the tank on the right is the M4A3E2, sometimes called Jumbo, which had much thicker armor than the others. This consisted of a thicker transmission cover, plates welded on the glacis and sides to increase armor thickness and a turret that was much thicker all around.

1 Like