Shermania 2024

Interesting project. Looking forward to it.

Most M4A2 can be built into early IDF Shermans. They had almost every type/variant.

1 Like

Thunderbolt VII

3 Likes

@gtdeath13 That is a serious gap there. Fixed it nicely though.
@iguanac Wow! Some major reconstruction going on! I have Zvezda’s too and wanted to use it as a basis for an M32B2, but found out it is the wrong kind of M4A2. I would need a hull with small portruding hatches.

2 Likes

I’ll be joining in with this guy

9 Likes

lol, that’s the same one I’ll be doing.

5 Likes

Lucky I didnt end up ordering it yesterday … lol … back online to look again :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

You have a great start with your inventory of kits.

1 Like

You go first and let me know about all the problems :rofl:

2 Likes

Sure thing lol! Just gotta finish off my Geschutzwagen first…

3 Likes

I’m finishing up an F-18, the race is on!

3 Likes

I think you will have the same issue with the gap between the suspension cover and the front glacis as I did.

2 Likes

I am down to the last hull details

I need to build the canister rack at the rear and check to see if I can source the exhaust deflector.

Does anyone know if the exhaust deflector for M4A2 is included in any other kit?

I will look into this detail in the following days and will share whatever info I find. In any case I can repaint the elephant yellow.

10 Likes

Good to know!! I’ll examine this area carefully and fix as you have if necessary.

1 Like

Not that I am aware of. Resicast, Tank Workshop, Panzer art and Lanmo make wading gear for the A2.

2 Likes

Look on EBay…lots of whole sprues from different kits are available.

1 Like

Since I have a good number of Shermans in my stash, I’ll join in!

3 Likes

The early un-armoured “scoop” deflector is in a number of Academy and Tasca/Asuka kits IIRC. But I don’t know anyone selling the later armoured two-piece deflector. Then again, your tank is early enough that it would have had the scoop type.

1 Like

I need the scoop type, so I will look into Academy and Tasca sprues and as suggested maybe source one from ebay or get an aftermarket one. :+1:

1 Like

Am I correct in thinking that this is not the deflector I need?

It looks different, much lower in the photos

I found something that looks the part in the M36 kit from Academy

3 Likes

That’s exactly the deflector you need!

2 Likes