Shocked by the attitudes

Untrue fact, Trexmas was stolen by the early Christians

1 Like

I guess I had a crappy history teacher , ā€¦ I always thought this was T Rex ā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, but heā€™s tough to make from the old Aurora dino kit! Now THAT takes some serious scratch-building skillsā€¦ :grin:

3 Likes

Take one Gene Simmons model figure and work backwards:

1 Like

So, to all those who think I should ā€œbuck up little camperā€. I say wake up and smell the flavor-aid.
Every single flippin time I post something that even remotely might go against one of the many trolls out there, I get their full-on broad side because their opinion is just so valuable that if the rest of frickin mankind doesnā€™t hear it and take it for the gospel, then the world will stop spinning on itā€™s axis.
What in the blue frickin forest do they thinkā€¦itā€™s an opinion, we all have them and they all STINKā€¦remind you of anything.

1 Like

Well said, couldnā€™t agree more
:wink:

Merry Christmas Whitney, I hope tomorrow is a wonderful day and leaves you with some great memories.

Best of the Season,
Colin

AURORA went the way of the dinosaurs :sauropod:. Anybody remember their line of Armor kits in that weird scale? I had the Japanese Chi-Ha.

1 Like

Sure do. I seem to remember they also had vacuum-formed bases.

I was 13 and over someoneā€™s house and saw the completed kits. I remember being very impressed.

1 Like

Have you considered the possibility that the way you express opinions might just be inviting the very kind of reactions you detest? Itā€™s the most likely reason why, if you say it keeps happening to you.

Itā€™s particularly liable to happen when an expressed opinion rests on mainly subjective foundations, because it invites responses that put forward more objective, specific ā€œevidenceā€ to the contrary. Youā€™d be by no means the first to discover this, and doubtless not the last - I speak from personal experience, by the way. Many people of a more argumentative persuasion react thus almost as a reflex - ā€œOh he thinks this, well Iā€™m gonna show things or recount things which prove the opposite is the caseā€. Itā€™s Human Nature, entirely set up by a (predominantly) subjective target floated across the sky for anyone & everyone to take pot-shots at. I donā€™t doubt that some are troll-ish but I believe only a closed mind would believe every single one was - itā€™s fairly easy to pick the difference anyway.

Expressing any opinion that doesnā€™t leave any room for any compromise, any possibility that the opinion might not actually be 100% justified or correct (to the person expressing it) is what the bullfighting fraternity refers to as a red rag. The inevitable result is hurt feelings.

Of the (say) 20 opinions I have about model-making, I canā€™t think of a single one where all the evidence Iā€™ve ever seen confirms Iā€™m ā€œrightā€ all of the time. More than half the opinions I can think of remain open to being persuaded otherwise, and the rest I prefer to keep to myself. Ultimately nobody really cares what we each think, so why stir up a pointless debate? Nobodyā€™s right, nobodyā€™s wrong - unless, of course, one is prepared to gracefully have oneā€™s mind changed by an avalanche of evidence pointing to a contrary view.

For example the Death of Scratch-building, I happened to partially agree with what you originally said on that subject - and said so - but are the majority of responders to that thread (and the Scratch-built & Conversions thread it inspired all thanks to you) all trolls, can they all be mistaken? Few if any agreed with my part-defence either, but hey thatā€™s OK with me ā€“ I know you & I are rightā€¦maybe.

Happy Xmas & New Year Whitney, I still favour reading your input over many others because it typically invites critical thought about what is, lest we forget, forever a fun hobby. I think only closed minds would say otherwise. :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Just to add a few more thoughts for consideration.
Far to many folks nowadays read between the lines. Interpret what you say to suit their point of view or completely take a comment out of context.

For example. Australiaā€™s former Prime Minister was asked ā€œwhat sort of bread he likedā€? Simple enough question one would think. He replied ā€œgood old white breadā€. So certain folks jumped on his comment and accused him of being racist because the bread was white.
We can say what we like how we like. There will always be someone who stands up and interprets your words differently. Especially on forums. The best bet is to either grow a very thick skin or ignore the reponse and go build a model.

Now I know Iā€™ve upset someone!

*** edit ***

Uncle Heavy you obviously dont have much to do. I type and if i feel the need i read wot eye tiped!!

6 Likes

Yes ! I remember them. I had the chi -ha with the base and a couple of small figures. One of my first tank models .

2 Likes

Witney, Iā€™m only here for the jokes! (The aggro of Real Life is too serious to let it creep into my precious hobby tooā€¦) But I am always stunned at how topics like this cause everyone to entrench themselves faster than the combatants in autumn of 1914. I think thatā€™s just the way ANY attempt at expressing opinions works out in the Wild West of the internet.

Your quote on opinions reminds me I once heard it as ā€œOpinions are like backsides - we all have one, they all stink, and nobody else wants to hear them!ā€ :rofl:

Merry Christmas to all! If youā€™re game, Iā€™ll be waiting in No Manā€™s Land with a footballā€¦ :soccer: :beer:

3 Likes

1 Like

Ahhhh, Sabatonā€¦ the military history metal band

4 Likes