Show your 2023 armor work

at the end of the year 2023 shows your armored vehicles built during the year

23 Likes

I actually didn’t do as much armor this year; of the 30 builds I completed to date only 5 were proper armor kits. The rest were automobiles or spaceships.

Bergepanzer III
Tamiya with CMK conversion

Sd.Kfz 135 7.5cm Pak 40/1 Marder I (Panda kit)

Sd.Kfz 135/1 15cm sFH 13/1 (Sf) auf G.W. Lr.s (f) (Panda kit)

I also have the Panda 10.5cm leFH 18/4 auf GW Lr.s.(f)(Becker) but I still need to finish the tracks for that; so not finished in 2023 (yet).

Pz.Kpfw III Ausf J Vorpanzer (Das Werk 1/16 kit)

In the military theme I also completed these:

Mercedes L4500A metal cab truck (Zvezda)

Me262-A1a (Trumpeter)

Bf109-E4 (Cyber Hobby)

Spaceships were the 1/1000 starship USS Excelsior, the 1/350 B’rel Bird of Prey, and a 1/144 AT-AT walker with accompanying AT-ST scout and snowspeeder.

Pick a muscle car from 1968-1971 and I may have built it.

18 Likes

2023 was a decent year, work-wise.

I started out with a Tamiya oldy goldy, T-62 in Vietnamese markings. Quite happy with the modulation on this one.

model12

Next up was a Polish Leopard 2A5 from the Border kit which was frustrating but turned out okay in the end, just about.

Meng Jagdpanther mini-dio.

Tamiya M4A2 75mm Sherman.

model4

Meng M3A3 Brad which I hated and was really disappointed with how it turned out.

model13

Tiger Nagmachon Late which I absolutely loved and posted about on here.

model5

Trumpeter T-72BM3 which was a lovely kit to build and the photos dont do the build justice, its one of the best models Ive built, came out absolutely lovely.

Trumpeter T-84M Oplot-M, again, an absolutely wonderful kit. I am a card carrying Trumpeter fan,. love their work.

moedel1

Takom Chieftain Mk10. Came out okay in the end.

model7

Meng Panther G early with the applique armour on the roof. I utterly ruined it with attempting to brush the Ambush spots. Gutted with it in the end, such a waste.

model15

22 Likes

Very slow year here:

Dragon T-34 STZ from spring/summer 1942

Border T-34 reworked to all hell and Kettenkrad from Tamiya

I second guessing is killing me and you guys are Real Speedy Gonzales’.

12 Likes

Lovely, neat work. Lovely finishing. I’m in the middle of that RFM Canadian Leo 2A6 right now. Sure is an in-depth build but hugely enjoyable.

I have a weird urge to finish it as a fictional Queens Royal Hussars British Army wagon, circa Afghanistan 2010. Change the radios/antennas, swap out the secondary armament for GPMGs, some British-specific stowage, nice weathered and dusty two tone bronze green and NATO black scheme with the bar armour and other bits in desert yellow, British number plates etc, etc. Then I could enter it into the sci-fi group build on here. But 99% sure I’ll do the Canadian one hahahaha

1 Like

Best of what I built Dragon Pz III J

19 Likes

Nice pictures !

1 Like

merci!

2 Likes

I managed to finish a couple of projects this year.

And I have a couple I’m Still trying to finish. a T-72M-1 & a Late version Panther D

11 Likes

2023 was quite a productive year for me.

And some very different kind of armor:

15 Likes

This was the other project that I worked on this year

9 Likes

I’ll just touch on the highlights.

Academy Panzer IV Ausf. H (WIP)

Tamiya Sturmtiger (WIP)

AFV Club M102 Howitzer.

Tamiya M4 Sherman Early Production

Academy M113A3 “Nagmash” APC

Tamiya Tiger I Early (WIP)

8 Likes

My additions to the wooden toy collection this year; most were completed between January and the end of March.

Hobby Link Vietnam M113 MTAB

Trumpeter T84BM Opolot vandalized with digital camouflage

Hobby Link Vietnam Cat D7 Rome plow

Panzer Shop 2S4 Tulip

Hobby Fan M48 AVLM

Revell M48A2GA2

AFV Club M548 Alfa stalled

PSM M113 Green Archer stalled

13 Likes

Decent year for me with six 1/35 tanks completed, construction basically wrapped on four more and progress on five other projects.

RFM KV-1 1942

Tamiya Pz IV H

Academy Pz III Ausf J North Africa

Tamiya Pz IV F

Dragon Pz III ausf N

Tamiya T-55A

Several others were built but haven’t been painted yet.

RFM Stug III G early

Tamiya Panther G w/resin interior

Dragon Panther D

Dragon 15cm sFH 18

Goal for next year wrap what’s in process before starting a new project.

9 Likes

My Copper State Models French AC 1914.

15 Likes

I worked on a few fun projects this year - scratch work and kitbashing:

Happy New Year model builders!

Cheers
Nick

15 Likes

Greg this looks terrific! May I ask you if you painted this landscape camouflage by hand or were there decals for this within the kit? I ordered this vehicle with exactly the same figures as you displayed there :smiley: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Not too much pure tanks here but at least three I made:

1:35 PLA ZLC2000 Diorama "Chinese-Indian border clashes near Pagong-Lake Ladakh mountains in 2020

1:35 Abandoned Stuart Mk.3 Honey with complete interior - Libya 1941

1:35 Saurer Sd.Kfz. 254 - An Austrian in Africa 1942 (this one is still waiting for the desert base to arrive)

Cheers
Thomas

12 Likes

Thank you. The pre-release came with the markings. They were tricky to get on but I like the results.

3 Likes

Can u put up a build log of the MAXX Pro wrecker that you did?

1 Like