Silicone Tipped Pigment Applicators

Hi everyone.

i’ve seen a couple of videos on line where people have been using (I think they are) silicone tipped applicators to apply pigment precisely on the AFV surfaces - it seems particularly effective on tracks.

They taper to a point and are flexible to a dregree.

wondered if anyone else used them or could recommend a product that they use.

TIA.

1 Like

Wild guessing.
I would try make-up departments/shops (the Ladies also use pigments you know)
and/or art/craft stores

Before I realised you could get similar products on evil bay I bought a set of these:

I find them quite useful. The first time I tried them I used them to apply Ushi Van Rosten metal polishing powder to a Panther’s road wheels and it worked well.

2 Likes

Thats a decent looking set and not a lot of money … and also lots of choices on Mr Bezos site as well :+1:

3 Likes

Well, thats more or less what I need them for. I normally use a brush but after a very short time, the bristles are splayed out and the application isn’t precise, not to mention that it knackers the brushes themselves.

This seemed like a good solution - and so, I’ve ordered some of these. Lets see how they go.

2 Likes

These were actually designed for sculpting clay for pottery craft, which is why most are larger than we would use. You will likely find them cheaper from a store that services that industry.

1 Like

I have this set of Clay Sculpting Tools/Shapers which work really well for pigment application. HTH.

—mike

2 Likes

These are sculpting shapers and should be available in any art store. I use mine all of the time for applying metallic pigments to tracks and wear points.

2 Likes

If these are what you referring to I give them a big thumbs up. This 5 pack was $6.00USD, no need to pay the hobby brand name tax IMO. This is a set i bought today, browsed through a different part of the store w clay sculpting tools forgetting i had already purchased a set from a different area of the store in different packaging on a prior visit. Anyone familiar with Hobby Lobby knows of what i mean. If you cant locate any overt there let me know, we can work something out as ill never wear out my original set.

2 Likes

Yes, and I bought a very similar set myself.

Yet to try them though.