Skis, skids, and floats

Sorry about that. Fixed it. But as usual, once you repair something in the even, everyone who accepted or what not is lost.

1 Like

As I think I mentioned earlier, while the one in the bag has floats, I’m not sure the one in the box will…

Regards,

M

Yes it still has them. They are shown here in the promo video:

2 Likes

I stand corrected. It’s odd they opted for grey plastic this time, given that yellow plastic wouldn’t be a problem as there are no alternative colour schemes and only two of them were ever built. I believe the kit was issued as an AOP 6 but I can’t see from on-line photos whether the tail was modified (the box art even obscures the area in question, and they did modify the wheels/skis undercarriage) for this or just left as the Antarctic style. This does seem to have been fitted to some later aircraft, but maybe just the Beagle civilian refurbs?

Cheers,

M

1 Like

Aww - I was looking forward to the challenge of a timewarp build! :slightly_smiling_face:

“Fire up the DeLorean!”…

3 Likes

Sounds fun - I am in! :slightly_smiling_face:

Would a Land-Wasser-Schlepper be a land thingy with amphibious capabilities or a water thingy with land capabilities?

Introvert asking for a friend.

I cannot answer your question, but I’ll allow it!

1 Like

Might be fun. Somewhere I’ve got the Matchbox DH Twin Otter which as far as I can remember had options for either floats or skis.

1 Like

Not sure I’ll have the time to pull it off, but there’s a Tamiya GPA in the stash crying out to be converted to the famous Half-Safe that circumnavigated the globe…

1 Like

And wheels. And short or long noses…

Cheers,

M

1 Like

I think you’re right from what I remember. Been a long time since I’ve opened up the box. Luckily it’s the Revell reissue so the decals should still be good.
I might look at getting another. I saw some decals last night for the all over bright red British Antarctic Survey aircraft.

It would be fun to build the most recent Takom M29 Weasel for this campaign. Scale Hobbiest does not yet have it in stock.

Sprue Brothers got them a few days ago.

After a bit of thinking I will participate with a Norwegian Catalina.

catalina

7 Likes

I am considering doing this one. The conversion looks fantastic with very clean crisp resin parts.

Another option with lots of lozenge and rigging - if I feel like it :slightly_smiling_face:

…or go FULL nostalgia :star_struck:

4 Likes

I’m not participating, but an LC-130 would be an awesome build.

2 Likes

Nostalgia! Nostalgia!

That is one of the Matchbox kits I always wanted but never got…

1 Like

Precisely, Peter! The older I get the more attractive old nostalgic kits get. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think I will be trying this one (I think I still have the kit).

My current thought is something like this which is the kit decals.

2 Likes