Slow Site (?)

Hello friends!

Lately when I enter the site (this forum), it is too slow to open, it takes a long time and it hardly displays the images that I try to see when I hover, is it normal?, that also happens in Armorama.com - does anyone else have that problem? - Do I need to do something to speed it up?

Regards!
Rodolfo

I haven’t noticed anything but I have a high bandwidth fixed connection.

1 Like

I have problems but that’s because at the moment I have no options to get my internet from the single provider in my region. If my connection goes beyond bytes per second I get excited. They call it high speed and I even got a business connection to increase the bandwidth but that didn’t work very well other than increase our data allowance per month. It’s a pain they’ve been teasing a fibre optic connection for the last five years promising delivery this summer :lying_face::shushing_face::woozy_face::flushed::scream:. As you can probably tell I am highly sceptical about this and have signed up for the low earth orbit satellite :artificial_satellite: service coming to an area near you soon. Before I can decent service everything has to move 3 degrees north so we can get a signal from it. Remember the old 56k dial up modems they were much more reliable and faster than the “high speed “ service we are supposed to have!!!

Exclusively Mobile User here.

If I’m on wiki the site normally loads pretty quickly. If I’m on 5G load speed varies randomly depending on location & signal strength.

1 Like

5 by 5 here

:+1:

1 Like

Currently this can happen due to the ad server, as it’s hosted on the old server and that one still has issues from time to time. However I will be moving to a new ad server in the next week or so so that should stop. The old server will be dead and gone in 2 weeks time.

2 Likes

Hi!

Now the pages are opening fast, Jim, did you do something?, thank you! :grin:

Regards!
Rodolfo

2 Likes

Mines all good on all fronts. Home is usually mobile use and I jump on my work PC as well and haven’t had any issues at all… And my home WiFi/internet isn’t the best out there due to my location…

1 Like