Smells like teen (fighter) spirit

Well after my endeavours with the F15 Eagle ( which I just finished and will show the ups and downs in that thread in a minute) and finding out that came at about 40 cm… I have re-evaluated and not going to do the academy 1/48 F15 Strike Eagle… It’s to big at the mo …

So, change of scale, I’m now going to do the Hobbyboss 1/72 F14 Tomcat, the B or D version… Depending if one of those has the Jolly Rogers decals and also if the decal sheets have ones for the weapons as well… :+1:

1 Like

Getting ready to start on the Viper in Feb. Washed the parts (ignore the submarine…).

Probably doing this scheme. The build will be something of a prequel/practice for the full equipment kit, which I’ll do in the Misawa AB colors.

3 Likes

“ignore the submarine”

you must be in the navy?

5 Likes

I thought you were doing an F16 with floats … :grin:

2 Likes

Ha! Nope, family member was. Building the sub he was on.

Ah the rare F-16D Floating Duck

4 Likes

F-16F Float Viper… :laughing:

3 Likes

And the trigger is pulled …

1/72, plenty big enough for me

4 Likes

Nice choice!! I’m excited for this one. I love teen series fighters

1 Like

I do have a an Academy 1/48 Strike Eagle I was going to do … But after the last 48th eagle i did i need to go back to small scale … plus the size issue … they look like nice kits the HobbyBoss ones

Well, I definitely have too much going on at this pont, but the kits I’m working on are on the complicated side. So I might jump into this one with something a little more straightforward:

We’ll see how it goes. While I’ve done a little painting, it’s just the base cockpit gray on both and some black on the T-Bird aircraft. No construction yet.

Both will be out of the box (including decals) with the exception of the Quickboost seats.

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

The award alone is reason enough to join and finish!
BTW, my stash offers all of them 'teens, decisions decisions…

2 Likes

So got this kit from a buddy with bits to make a B.

I also have the A carrier deck kit. I am thinking I should try to make one for this campaign but I don’t know what to do.

I like the B ‘96 103 for single color scheme. The ‘04 100 scheme with retro yellow tip is cool but so is story of 101 with engine failure on the launch cat.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Anything Jolly Rogers is a winner for me

1 Like

I get that but which one?

Also found VX-9 Playboy bunny decal sheet.

1 Like

Jeez, you want me to build it for you as well !!! lol … just kidding dude … I would scrub the engine failure one. Both the final flight and the 96 Santa skull look cool … Im staying with the final flight scheme 04… thats my choice

1 Like

Is that an option? Let’s be real, it would have a better shot at getting completed on time. :crazy_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like

My Pleasure, send the bad boy over and I will get it cracked for you … any scheme you like lol … always happy to help :grin:

1 Like

If it is any help, I’ll be building my Super Hornet as a jolly rogers. Could have our own pirate army

2 Likes

The decals build this tail scheme.

The plane number 103 is lovis.

I think this might work. Time to consult my Tomcat experts now that I have a direction to go.

1 Like