SoCal Open 2021 Model Car Show California - Pictures

SoCal Open Model Car Show.

Sunday, October 3, 2021

Rancho San Antonio Boys Home Gymnasium
21000 Plummer Street, Chatsworth, California

1 Like

SoCal Open 2021 Model Car Show

First Model show I’ve attended since the pandemic-19 and saw some Cats I aint seen since then.

I took pictures until the battery died. I captured a whole collection of spectacular work tho.

Let’s see how many images I can load up into each post. 57 total

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

Amazing, beautiful work.

1 Like

Model Cars Magazine and Dedicated Magazine shooting pictures of models for their respective show/contest articles.

Some amazing paint work in there and also awesome body work.

1 Like

Outstanding! Great photos KSO, thanks for sharing them with us.

As Michael said, a whole lot of awesome work on display. If I had to narrow it down, the lifted '59 El Camino stands out for me, I’ve seen it on a couple of other sites and it is a stunning piece of work.

Cheers, D

1 Like

It would be great if the builders had done a blog about their paint work as they constructed the kit. I grump when one photo is the car in primer and the next is the finished car with nothing in between. Show me the car in masking tape and work being done. How else can I steal, … I mean copy your technique.

2 Likes

Some modelers should crack a window when gluing and painting.

Lots of skilled painters on display. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the pics. I’d say that there’s quite a lot of exceptional builds there. And the paint schemes and finishes are just beyond words.

joel

1 Like

Yes, I was impressed.

You’re very welcome. And yes, I agree with that Elco !

Yes, a blog or vlog would be helpful indeed. Most of these guys just aren’t into the forums blog thing tho. However, if I ask them to explain a certain technique in person, they’ll explain everything. Super cool folks

Haha, right? :rofl:

1 Like