Soviet Motor Gunboats of World War II, The Red Army's 'river tanks' from Stalingrad to Berlin | Model Shipwrights

Randy L Harvey reviews the book, Soviet Motor Gunboats of World War II, The Red Army's 'river tanks' from Stalingrad to Berlin, from Osprey Publishing by author Przemyslaw Budzbon and illustrators Waldemar Góralski and Piotr Forkasiewicz.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://modelshipwrights.com/news/soviet-motor-gunboats-of-world-war-ii-the-red-army-s-river-tanks-from-stalingrad-to-berlin
1 Like

Cool subject! Somebody needs to injection-mold one of those boats in 1/35.

Just found MIG Productions made one: (MP 35253) Bronekater BK 1125Project 1125-class.

2 Likes

The closest plastic one I have seen is the G-5.

As I recall it’s toward the back of the book but no known gunships kits with a T-34 turret.

2 Likes

@Tank_1812 , thank you. That’s a useful thread. I would like the type with the T-34 turret, though. Taffy3’s interior looks great.

2 Likes

While not WWII, Tiger Model has released the Type 1204 Shmel which is covered in the latter part of the Osprey book. As with most of Tiger kits, it is well done and does mount a PT-76 style of turret.

1 Like