IDF M50 SPG Builds

Probably more than five - I met a guy in the nineties who wanted me to build several of them, all requiring different engine decks representing different eras. My favorite was the one built from the ancient Italeri kit with the Dragon HVSS, a la Shep Paine. Damn, that guy was inspiring.

I did several IDF Priests as well, but never got to keep any of them. The problem was I only altered the things I knew about (different tool stowage, additional gun crutch, etc.) but missed a lot of things I was unaware of, like the armored intake cover. I guess that explains why I’m on a Priest kick again after all these years, but still using the old kits I had started:

Three Priests Finally Came Out of the Closet Today

As for the M110, I did that one as well, although I had to cut down the barrel of an M110A2 since the M110 was a little hard to find at the time,

I even gave it some rifling:

I never paid much attention to the label on these old sets, you can use them for whatever you like:

Alas, only slapped one lonely decal on it…

I’ll probably redo it one day - remove a lot of the not so realistic looking chipping, and change the chipping on the engine and transmission covers to reflect the fact that they’re actually made from aluminum.

4 Likes