Special Ops Lizzie - Eduard 1/48 Lysander

Thanks D - always appreciate your input .
I’ve made some progress - wings together - solid navigation lights sawn away and replaced with clear sprue. Small holes drilled in back of sprue and painted with clear red and green - glued in place then sanded to shape and polished out with progressively finer grades of abrasive.

Spatted undercarriage built up . A heads up to all who may wish to build this kit - the landing light reflectors need trimming or they won’t allow the gear spats to join up . Also , the lenses themselves don’t really fit well . I cemented them in proud of the exterior as far as I dared and after curing for a day sanded them to shape and polished them out as I did on the navigation lights .

I made a fixture to hold the horizontal stabs in what I hope is the correct orientation . The Lysander book is wonderful but none of the drawings offer a frontal or rear view so difficult to determine if there was any dihedral or anhedral in the tail plane . It appears straight ( neither dihedral or anhedral ) in photos so that is what I chose . Also made masks to define the glazing in the aft balance weight doors .

Starting to look like gawky Lizzie now .

Next task will be dealing with all the greenhouse glazing . I’m on the fence about trying to thin it as it is pretty heavy - we’ll see.
Thanks for looking in - RT

5 Likes