Special Project .... Somewhere in Eastern Europe

…or modest.

:joy::sunglasses:

Hey wait a minute I thought i was the …

1 Like

I did hear deluded though … :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

You have to be a very brave man to pull off wearing that style of dressing gown lol…

1 Like

@Gregory_J_Copplin . What part of the freeway did you want to know about…

1 Like

A bit more work done . Added the road and bridge textures. Started the basic elevations for the ground work . Added rough texture the the column base and support. ( those will be knocked back dramatically ) Started adding detail to the power line pole . Servicing conduit coming soon. Also drew up the seat frames that will just be springs due to the car burning.
Also I apologize for the crappy pics . I was just to lazy to do the booth the correct way.

6 Likes

Also I am doing some alterations to the highway overpass sign .

@Chris_Bryan the actual structure that the car is sitting on. How did you make that?

1 Like

The base is printers styrene so it is much thicker. Once the angle was what I wanted , ( that was the hard part . ) I marked the end to match the lower base and cut thay off and then drew where I wanted the damage to be as well as the shell holes . That was then cut and random angles were added to the cut and chipped a bit. To do the steel reinforcement protruding from the bridge small cuts were made along rhe center of the edge . Extruded aluminum diamond pattern mesh was cut on a angle and then small pieces were cut from that to simulate the rebar . They were glued into place , trimmed to my liking and bent a bit to show more damage.

1 Like

I know it looks rough at this stage and your asking yourself :thinking: is he crazy , what is going on here, please check his meds. Well no worries, if it matches what I see in my head it will be ok … If not then all our fears are true …and we can all say he is crazy. :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@Chris_Bryan well it looks amazing, thanks for telling me how to replicate this. Maybe I’ll do something as crazy too

1 Like

I dont know how much of my work you have seen , but I live for the crazy build.
Also if you decide to do a project like this , the sbs tutorial on paint and weather is the same techniques that will be used on the base

Great concept. I think the car is too old though. It is a WWII era vehicle. A more modern, Eastern European car would be more appropriate. Maybe one of these below.

https://scontent-atl3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/87326358_120766662830626_8903479814631981056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=A0kOrqdoKiwAX_PCzaY&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.xx&oh=46789dc1ac1176893e7289b049bb421d&oe=60F77BCB

Or a UAZ-469, which were also sold/used as civilian vehicles.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/uaz-3-1595520376.jpg?resize=480:*

2 Likes

…or modest.

Send him to Bigheadistan!

@Chris_Bryan Really looks great!

1 Like

That Ural would work nicely . I have built that before and it builds up well.
As for the current car I wasnt completely sold on it … Its been a place holder so to speak

1 Like

Actually I have another that will fit the bill nicely .

1 Like

Chris this looks like it’s gonna be big time cool. I am however amongst the minority that thinks you should have gone full Monty and left that sucker up top.

2 Likes

Taste the rainbow. :crazy_face:

1 Like

What are we ever going to do with Uncle . Sams. Misguided. Children.