Special Project .... Somewhere in Eastern Europe

@Canmedic . It was originally designed to fit on the lower and on a impulse I tried the top.
Also done worry where it falls short on the full monty up top
… I wil be adding enough of the styrene sith kung fu to make up for it

In a very small box

1 Like

Very cool build and concept Chris , I like the tank under and car over .
Nice work on the destroyed bridge , looking forward to more !!!

1 Like

Thank you . I will be changing the car its just a place holder

Look what came home today for a smooth $9.0 , its the chinese variant but I can work with that .

4 Likes

Working on the next stages of " Somewhere in Eastern Europe".
Been working on some changes to make the burned out vehicle on the upper roadway look the part. Since it is a full soft top, a frame for the top has been made. The rear seat pans are fabbed up and springs are in place .

6 Likes

Looking great Chris. The new vehicle sits nicely there and ties in just right with the time frame now. The soft top frame looks great as well and a very nice realistic touch :+1::+1:

1 Like

John thank you much . That soft top frame was a bit of a challenge to get the dimensions just right.

2 Likes

You nailed it mate… Looks great and really will add to it once you’ve done it as a wreck

Lets hope so . There is still so much to do to the base as well.

Nice Chris , keep goin yer acein it !!

Thanks Glenn. For the sake of the joke . Its all about the base lol

The concept is evolving nicely Chris. All the additional details are working wonderfully together.
:+1::nerd_face: :+1:

1 Like

Eric. thank you brother. It is slow lately . The TBI thing is throwing me a beating the last few days .
But hey Im tough as a chinese drill sargeant. Lol
Seriously , there are more details to come and should help to tie it together.

1 Like

Ok guys I am still here , contrary to popular opinion I was not abducted by aliens or conscripted into the Rhodesian army.
I finally found some time at the bench between the cerebral malfunctions… Please just plug me back into the matrix.
Did get a spot of work done to the base … There is more vegetation work to be done that will blend all of this together. Then it will not look so stark. It also has some of the base colors in place . Anyone who has seen the way I do things yall will know that at one or more points during the build that it looks crazy and bizarre . Well gentleman fasten your seat belts , keep your hands and feet out of the isles , dont feed the animals , and enjoy your flight through my mind on the way to your final destination " somewhere in eastern europe"

6 Likes

Base is coming along nicely. :+1: :+1:

As for the vehicle on the bridge I like the idea of a more “civilian” looking vehicle that would contrast more with the tank. Just throwing it out there.

1 Like

@Armorsmith . I like the more civilian vehicle as well , it will get that burned out look.

1 Like

If it had been the Rhodesian Army that means you would of been involved in time travel as well :grin:

On a side note … the work you’ve done with the base and ground work looks very nice. The colours and paint in general have given it a whole new look :+1: :+1:

Looking great, its coming together nicely!! What did you use for the ivy on the wall? I like it!

Nicely done Chris if you finish the vehicle on the bridge with the same skill you used on the [ beautifully done ] tank this will turn out aces .
Love that tank !!