Sprue Bros Shipping

I was going to buy some replacement 1/72 decals from Sprue Bros. The price (in USD) was reasonable at $11 so I added them to my cart, then checked my order before finalizing…and aborted right there! Forty-six dollars and ninety-five cents for shipping to Canada! :rage: Is this normal for a $11 order from Sprue Bros to Canada? Needless to say, I decided to do without. And this is also a reason I prefer to order from China whenever possible. :+1:
:grin: :canada:

Yeah when I lived in Canada shipping from sprue bros was often so high it wasn’t possible to order. In the states it’s like a maximum of $10. I don’t know why it is so much higher, but shipping from the US to Canada is silly right now

I am heading back to Canada for a few days over Christmas, though I don’t think the decals would arrive to me in Texas in time :frowning: otherwise I would bring them back and mail them to you while I was in Canada

Shipping between the US and Canada has gotten ridiculous lately. I recently shipped a small box of parts to Canado, maybe 3x4x2 inches, and it was $25. Crazy.

Are you sure you did not accidently check express shipping. Here in the US when I have ordered decals or some small PE sets, i.e. Eduard the shipping is usually just a few dollars or less as they just place those items in an envelope.

Yeah that is common. Stuff I order on sprue bros now is like $4 shipping when the same item was $25+ when I lived in Canada

Thanks for the kind offer! :+1: :+1: :+1: :hugs:

No. No Express Shipping.

Bummer.

Thats the norm.

YIKES!!! :dizzy_face: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Redonkulous, eh!

Alternatively, you could head to the border and declare yourself a refugee and set up residence in the US. You could also just walk across the Rio Grande in Texas. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Who told you how I made it to Texas?!

1 Like

Uhhh…if you notice on a map, the Rio Grande separates US (Texas) from Mexico (on the South side, or bottom of the map). Canada is in the opposite direction…North, or the top of the map! I am posting from Canada, hence the little Canada flag in my signature. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

From Canada :canada: you go down and around to Argentina :argentina: then up through Mexico :mexico: and up to Texas :us: … It’s the only way, my friend! … Actually, there are other ways. :thinking:

Yes, I was fully aware of your current location…about shipping to Canada. But no worries, its not a problem…(for many thousands at least). Just vacation in Mexico and “walk right on over!”

1 Like

Mexico is just one of the places I’m in no hurry to visit…can’t drink the water; can’t eat the food; and if you leave your resort you’re in danger of having your organs harvested. :dizzy_face: :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Come visit Colorado. I’m certain my Medical Provider would be more than happy to harvest your organs, along with your wallet, your house, your car, your first second and third born, etc. — got any grand-kids? :brain::smiling_imp::us:

I hitch-hiked to Aspen some 40 - 45 years ago (when hitch-hiking was still fashionable, and tolerated) in the summer. Took the shuttle bus to Maroon Lake, and the Bells, and the ski-lift to the top of the mountains for hiking. There were gliders sailing through the valleys BELOW my altitude! Real “Rocky Mountain High”! I am sure I spotted Claudine Longet in Aspen. Beautiful country! :+1:

1 Like