ST-26 Bridgelayer, A T-26 Conversion Project

Very nice finish!

1 Like

After many delays, I’ve finally got a small batch up for sale. Listing’s here

Thanks again to everyone who followed along on this adventure.

5 Likes

My favorite part, “Fair warning, this is an advanced kit.:grin:

2 Likes

Very very tempting. I really like all the PE jigs to help the builder. Plus the separate track jig looks great too.

1 Like

James it was very nice to meet you at Armorcon.
For anyone considering this kit, I have to say that I have seen it up close in person and it is a gem. The parts are exquisite and the fit is flawless. Get it.

2 Likes

My favorite part, “Fair warning, this is an advanced kit.:grin:

lol, gotta be up front with that. Last thing I want is to lead some beginner modeler astray

Very very tempting. I really like all the PE jigs to help the builder. Plus the separate track jig looks great too.

Well, it’s probably not selling out anytime soon, plus another batch of 50 will be coming along in a month or two. I didn’t use the jig on the ST, but developed it later on for an OT-130 build I did, the jig worked nicely, the tracks were still a pain, but much less of a pain.

James it was very nice to meet you at Armorcon.
For anyone considering this kit, I have to say that I have seen it up close in person and it is a gem. The parts are exquisite and the fit is flawless. Get it.

Thank you Matt. I’m looking forward to seeing how others build this kit. Plenty of diorama possibilities with this one.

2 Likes

The algorithms at ebay are crazy:

It has to cross the Atlantic first, then theSwedish postal services need to chew on it for a week before they send me a notification that they may be planning on delivering it.
I’d be highly surprised if it arrives by the 7th since the 6th is a holiday in Sweden.

3 Likes

I’ve been pleasantly surprised before, one kit from from a Chinese supplier arrived months earlier than eBay predicted.

Though I imagine if it comes late, you have plenty of kits to keep you busy :wink:

1 Like

Looks absolutely amazing James, order placed. Been out of the loop for a while, looking forward to this. Blows away my (stalled) efforts.

Jimbo

1 Like

Fun fact 1:
The order confirmation said it would arrive between the 15th and 21st of January:

Fun fact 2:
Now they seem to have settled for the 21st of January:

The package was last reported as chilling in Kentucky:

From CT to MA to OH to KY and USPS says delivered but I assume/hope that this means that USPS have delivered it to an international carrier. The international label has been created but is not yet in the system.
I just realised while typing the above:

1850 Airport Exchange Blvd #200, Erlanger, KY 41018, USA
Ebay is sitting on it …

1 Like

Looks absolutely amazing James, order placed. Been out of the loop for a while, looking forward to this. Blows away my (stalled) efforts.

Thanks Jimbo. Just dropped it off at the post office, so you should be getting it soon. Certainly will keep you busy for a while.

When you bought it Robin, it shipped with eBays global shipping program which as you figured out, goes to a hub in the US then out from there. Don’t know if they’re waiting to fill up the plane or what.
No idea you guys have to pay that much in import fees… oof

The fee for looking at a package is 75 SEK, roughly USD 8.24.
The VAT is 25%. I’m not sure if they apply VAT to the part of the postage (transportation service)
performed abroad. Maybe I’ll have to pay VAT also for the transportation performed in another country.
Then there is a small cutoms tariff.
It adds up.
Maybe they also want to apply VAT to the handling service provided to you by ebay …

It seems that they might just possibly manage to get it delivered on the 7th …

1 Like

It appears I might get mine today which would be on the first day of delivery window.

My kit arrived yesterday and looks great. :+1:

Just need the base kit and time.

2 Likes

Thanks Ryan. Good luck with it. And not to be a bad influence… but you could start on just the bridge without having the base kit.

1 Like

I know James and the thought has crossed my mind many times. I should finish a few things first before starting something new, even if it is all new and shiny.

1 Like

Placed my order yesterday along with the base kit and a Voyager Model’s photo etch set for the base kit and also a set of metal tracks. Thanks so much for putting this photo etch set together it looks promising and so well detailed and thought out, hats off to you!

~ Eddy :tophat:

1 Like

Thank you Eddy. Knew the name sounded familiar. Managed to get it to the post office today despite the little snowstorm this morning.

I received my ST-26 Bridgewater kit on Saturday and all I can say is WOW. James has produced an absolutely cracking bit of aftermarket here - if you’re a fan of engineering vehicles etc I can’t recommend this enough. James’ thoughtful design (pre-cut parts!), beautiful photo-etch, and well-illustrated instructions will ensure a most enjoyable build. I, too, am itching to shove aside all the other projects I have going and dive right into this. Well done, James, well done, and thank you so much!

Jimbo

3 Likes