Stalingrad factory diorama 1:35

Don’t sweat the small stuff , I think you’re doing a great job representing a bombed factory .

bombbng

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the support! I just want you to know that I did not forget and I will sonner or later continue with this project. I have chosen a degree on the bit harder scale so to be honest I do not have the time nor energy to continue right now. Hopefully see you soon!

4 Likes

Hello there! It sounds like you’re working on an ambitious and exciting project with your diorama set depicting the Battle of Stalingrad. Creating dioramas can be a very rewarding and immersive hobby, and it’s great to see you putting effort into building the scene with attention to detail.

Using cork and steel construction for the factory building is a clever choice, as it can add a realistic touch to the overall setting. Incorporating collapsed steel beams and constructions inside the factory will definitely add to the authenticity of the battle scene. You can use various materials like cardboard, foam, or even balsa wood to create the debris and wreckage to place inside the factory.

The Miniart stairs can be a valuable addition to your diorama, as it can provide a point of interest and add depth to the scene. If they fit well with the overall scale and style of your diorama, they could make a great addition to the factory building’s interior.

Remember, the key to creating a captivating diorama is in the details. Pay attention to the weathering and distressing of the various elements, and make sure to add elements like rubble, damaged equipment, and perhaps some human elements like discarded personal belongings or even wounded soldiers.

As you progress with your project, don’t hesitate to experiment and try out different ideas. It’s okay to take your time and work at your own pace. The process of building the diorama should be enjoyable, and each step forward is a learning experience that will help you refine your skills and create an outstanding final piece.

If you have any specific questions or need further advice while working on your diorama, feel free to ask. I’m here to help! Good luck with your Battle of Stalingrad diorama project!

2 Likes

question about 1/35 bricks , yes tons of how to videos , and scribing into foam , makes perfect sense , but how do you make individual 1/35 bricks in scale to match for destroyed scatter?

2 Likes

hey there, you can use some brick moulds like this:
1-35-scale-german-standard-size-bricks-mould-1350001--3-p

or you can get a cork sheet of suitable thickness and cut stripes and then individual bricks like I did before I chose to scribe them into foam instead. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

There’s always the hard way… individually cut bricks from styrene strips that I happened to have around. Of course, this was well before I knew of ‘Choppers’ and/or brick molding products available. Still works… I think? :hocho:

Used the two taped pieces as a template and began chopping away. :straight_ruler:

Cobbled-together some ‘cling-ons’ for added interest. :brick::brick: :brick:

Build-up of Styrofoam scraps for volume, later covered with a mix of painted bricks, gravel and sand, etc.

—mike :brick:

9 Likes

Any updates on this beauty?

2 Likes