Star Wars Alternative Camo schemes - Group Build Proposal

It’s here !!! :grin::grin::grin:

6 Likes

Andy has some little tweaks that help the look and more importantly easy to do. :+1:

1 Like

Guy’s thought I’d share these, lots of inspiration :slight_smile:

All from this site which has profiles of real and what if - Clavework Graphics

And just to prove it can work the other way round

9 Likes

Love the Jolly Rogers and Thunderbirds X Wings … they would be cool.

1 Like

Just a quick bump for this one.

Start date 01 July until 30 June 22.

Main effort is for the alternative paint/cam scheme for any vehicle/figure from the Star Wars universe.

Kits can be either brand new kits unstarted, partial builds or built kits just being totally repainted.

Main focus is any cam / paint scheme that is not the usual grey/monotone colour.

May the Force or the Dark side be with you …:grin:

1 Like

Hi Guys

I do not know how I missed this. I am fully onboard!

I just received the LAAT and A-A5 for Star Wars Legion. I will make one for “hot out of the moulds” campaign and the other one for this campaign.

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Hey that’s great. Glad you found this Jesper and lovely to have you join up …looking forward to both. I’m going with an AT -ST … Not sure on the Cam scheme yet…

I have build the Bandai kit twice. It is an excellent kit with perfect fit.

Here is another AT-ST as inspiration - this is the Star Wars Legion version which is 1-2 cm higher than the Bandai version.

4 Likes

Nice looking build. I personally don’t like the color combinations but I can appreciate the masking involved. That must of been a pain.

2 Likes

Thanks for the comment, Ryan. The colours are a bit striking, but when doing SW stuff the great thing is that anything goes for a camouflage. :slightly_smiling_face:

It is actually not masking, but decals. It is easier than masking, but it requires a lot of time and decal setting solutions to get everything to set perfectly and flat.
Still a test of sanity - if you complete it you are insane :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Your 1000% correct and should have kept my mouth shut on that point. I do apologize for that.

Not sure which is worst masking or decaling. I did get some pattern jigs for cutting masking tape for something similar. Guess you can lay decal paper over and cut them out. Lots of work either way.

1 Like

It does look nice Jesper, and I can only imagine what a long slow job those decals must of been to get on, however, they are really nicely balanced in how the cam looks.
I am really in a quandary about what scheme to do on my AT ST …I want to do a 3 tone winter scheme but I hate doing that first overall white base coat… It never looks right how I do it…:angry:

1 Like

I seem to have forgotten, what’s our start date for the campaign/group build?

Hmm… my son handed me a load of SW-trash fighters…
I can join in.

2 Likes

Wade, it is due to start 01 July and it’s a 12 monther. :+1:

3 Likes

The more the merrier Ron. General rules and regs are at the start of the thread. Basic concept it has to be a total revamp of the colour scheme/finish into anything other than the drab greys of the star Wars universe…
If you scroll through there are some good links for ideas …:+1:

1 Like

hope this works and inspires people.

Not Paper Panzers again… :rofl:

1 Like

Ryan, no need to apologize at all. The more viewpoints the better :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

I have received my kits, so this is going to be great timing!

The active thread is now in use for this build everyone, any further posts can you please use the link below and post in the official thread. Thanks.

John

1 Like