Star Wars Alternative Camo schemes - Group Build Proposal

That’s going to be sick! You’re going to force me to get my rear in gear making Canadian infantry markings just thinking of it :joy:

PS that trooper had better have some darts and Cheez-Its on him :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Dennis! I think I’ll have to buy some or your CADPAT decals for him… :wink:
Not sure yet if I will be using the 1/24 Esci kit or the 1/12 Bandai. I would prefer Bandai but its around $50-$100 USD.

1 Like

I look forward to seeing a trooper in that scheme! The old amt/esci kit is around 1/12 th, it is actually very similar in size to the Bandai kit. The trooper is a bit woolly compared to the Bandai, especially the head, and is a bit larger than the Bandai figure. The speeder is very presentable though, with a little work. Here is a pic of the Bandai trooper messing around on my old amt speeder;

5 Likes

I think it’s long overdue and screaming to be done!

1 Like

100USD for a figure :exploding_head:that kit better give you a complimentary 1;1 scale blaster for your troubles

2 Likes

Ooh thanks for that info Jim!
I might go with the Eci kit as its way cheaper…
Can you move the pose around on the Esci Scout trooper like you can the Bandai or not?

P.S. Love your Halo profile pic.

No worries Ezra. Unfortunately the amt scout is fixed pose. I detached the head and arms to make the fit to the bike easier and the pose more interesting. Here’s some pics of a very dusty scout on his even more dusty speeder. I must have done this well over 20 years ago! For the money it is ok I think.

Oh and thanks, I’ve just started playing through halo again from the start. And I feel I earned the legendary badge through blood sweat and tears all those years ago when I completed the original on that insanely hard level!

Cheers, Jim.

5 Likes

Jim… Bottom pic … Are you counting the pennies again lol

2 Likes

Ha! Yeah I have to pay for the wine on the other side of the pic somehow. Actually trying to figure out weights for the AH-1Z as it’s pretty tail heavy. The instructions say 3 grams but that is nowhere near enough. Just thought a coins could do the job nicely. Two pence is too wide so a few penny’s should do the job. I have some nuts and bolts but they probably cost more than the coins!

3 Likes

It’s here !!! :grin::grin::grin:

6 Likes

Andy has some little tweaks that help the look and more importantly easy to do. :+1:

1 Like

Guy’s thought I’d share these, lots of inspiration :slight_smile:

All from this site which has profiles of real and what if - Clavework Graphics

And just to prove it can work the other way round

9 Likes

Love the Jolly Rogers and Thunderbirds X Wings … they would be cool.

1 Like

Just a quick bump for this one.

Start date 01 July until 30 June 22.

Main effort is for the alternative paint/cam scheme for any vehicle/figure from the Star Wars universe.

Kits can be either brand new kits unstarted, partial builds or built kits just being totally repainted.

Main focus is any cam / paint scheme that is not the usual grey/monotone colour.

May the Force or the Dark side be with you …:grin:

1 Like

Hi Guys

I do not know how I missed this. I am fully onboard!

I just received the LAAT and A-A5 for Star Wars Legion. I will make one for “hot out of the moulds” campaign and the other one for this campaign.

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Hey that’s great. Glad you found this Jesper and lovely to have you join up …looking forward to both. I’m going with an AT -ST … Not sure on the Cam scheme yet…

I have build the Bandai kit twice. It is an excellent kit with perfect fit.

Here is another AT-ST as inspiration - this is the Star Wars Legion version which is 1-2 cm higher than the Bandai version.

4 Likes

Nice looking build. I personally don’t like the color combinations but I can appreciate the masking involved. That must of been a pain.

2 Likes

Thanks for the comment, Ryan. The colours are a bit striking, but when doing SW stuff the great thing is that anything goes for a camouflage. :slightly_smiling_face:

It is actually not masking, but decals. It is easier than masking, but it requires a lot of time and decal setting solutions to get everything to set perfectly and flat.
Still a test of sanity - if you complete it you are insane :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Your 1000% correct and should have kept my mouth shut on that point. I do apologize for that.

Not sure which is worst masking or decaling. I did get some pattern jigs for cutting masking tape for something similar. Guess you can lay decal paper over and cut them out. Lots of work either way.

1 Like