Star Wars Alternative Camo schemes - Group Build Proposal

I agree. For maximum participation and the goal of the campaign is more about the scheme, any kit in any shape (new to completed) is ok.

1 Like

Yah a year seems good for me.
Im a drawing a color profile for what I will be building so stay tuned…

2 Likes

With everything I have going on a full year would be appreciated.

1 Like

Okie here is the profile…

As you can tell I will be building a Scout Trooper!

I got a friend to draw the background for me and I drew the Scout trooper.

All you sharp eyed people will probable recognize the pattern as Canadian CADPAT camo. ( Its the wrong pattern for a forest but I think it looks great!)
2021_03_02_0mt_Kleki
I still may do some more tweaking like adding new Sniper rifle (Im tempted to do a Barrett .50 Cal…) some more shading and weathering (Chipping the camo to show the white armor.)

This is pretty much what my finished trooper will look like!

I know its not exactly model related but if anyone wants to see the finished drawing when Im done I’d be happy to show.

I would also be happy to hear any suggestions about what to add or remove to make the trooper look cooler.

Im not sure exactly which kit I will be doing yet, but Im sure it will be fun to paint!

4 Likes

Now you’ve said it . . I’m seeing it with a Barrett .50 …:+1:

1 Like

Here you go John… :wink:
2021_03_02_0n6_Kleki
Still need to blend in the hands and Ammo pouches.

2 Likes

And finished…
imageedit_15_9074033249
(Im actually really happy with how it came out… I may make it my new wallpaper.)

This is generally how my Scout trooper figure will look.

5 Likes

Okay. I have the ancient MPC ERTL AT-AT that I have had since RotJ first came out…so almost 40 years in the stash… about time I built the thing - although I have it on good authority it is a bit of a dog.

I have been pondering the thought of AT-AT in Caunter desert camo…

5 Likes

At last… I just got the 1/48 Bandai AT ST from evil bay at a reasonable price… Camo research time :grin::grin:

3 Likes

Have fun…again. :smiley:

3 Likes

Well done John! They are not easy to get hold of just now.

Peter @petbat, I was thinking of doing the caunter scheme too on an AT-ST. Ryan’s @Tank_1812 link has the scheme in it somewhere. I think it would look great on the AT-AT.

However I have a few speeder and scout trooper kits and have always wanted to do one as a race version with Martini livery. I have a couple of 1/24th Ford Focus rally decal sheets to utilise.

Decisions, decisions…! :grinning:

3 Likes

That is a genius idea Jim… Love the thought of a speeder in the Martini colours.

And ref the AT ST… I am very chuffed I got it… Looking forward to getting stuck into it and which ever cam scheme I come up with.

2 Likes

Cool idea.

I know someone that did the old AMT Speeder bike in Ferrari Red complete with prancing horse logo and the ‘flappy paddle’ gear changers on the steering wheel. He swapped out the trooper helmet for a horse head from a doll set and did some mods to the body to make the arms fit and make the armour more like a racing suit.

He told me he wanted to do one as a Citroen or Peugeot with a ‘Frog’ head… never understood the head reference (ahem) :wink:

2 Likes

“I was thinking of doing the caunter scheme too on an AT-ST.”
Back at the beginning of the year when we were first throwing ideas around I was thinking of doing something with a Trade Federation Tank, since then I’ve thought of (and abandoned):
General Grievous’ Starfighter as a Luft ‘46 “Secret Project”, Late War colours and “Defence of the Reich” markings.
Desert Air Force themed ARC-170, Sand and Dark Earth over Azure Blue with Shark Mouth.
Magna Guard Fighter as P-38 Lightning (or P-61 Black Widow) in olive drab over neutral gray.
Republic Gunship as a Hind attack helicopter, maybe one of those special occasion schemes.
Republic Attack Shuttle as USMC low-viz V-22 Osprey.
Imperial Shuttle Tydirium 1960s USN Gull Grey and white, full colour markings and BIG Fin Art.

It’s so much easier to have ideas than make just one actually work…

Regards,

M

4 Likes

Yeah Peter @petbat, my first choice would probably be the light blue Gulf scheme, but I used some of the Focus decals on my B-wing and they are in good condition.

However, Tom @MoramarthT , like yourself, I have gone through all sorts of ideas too. I think a snowspeeder with racing livery would be great, sort of like a wipeout type craft. And to turn things on their head I have an AFV Club Apache AH-64B I’ve always wanted to paint in x-wing scheme. Squadron markings on the winglets, yellow stripe along the top of the tail, red stripes either side of the canopy, make the longbow pod on top of the rotor into some sort of droid like appendage. But that’s for another campaign…

2 Likes

Blockquote

Well John, you know what I’m going to suggest, Berlin cammo could be a very interesting finish. I guess following the originals logic of painting the running gear black, the legs would need to be black, looking like it’s wearing tights! Maybe not then, Ha!

Cheers, Jim.

2 Likes

I kinda like that idea or an AT-ST in German ww2 splinter camo.

1 Like

David, if you like that idea, and haven’t looked already, click the link in the post about 8 above from @Tank_1812 … There’s just to many to choose from lol

1 Like

Yes @Klaus-Adler come to the dark side my son. :joy:

2 Likes

Yes @Klaus-Adler come to the dark side my son. :joy:

4 Likes