Star Wars Universe Alternative Camo Schemes Group Build

That looks fantastic Peter, you laid out the scheme really very nicely over the big walker, and the weathering looks just right to me. Great job!

What make of paints did you use, I really like those shades.

There may be a 1/48th snow speeder in my future, only in Caunter to go with the 1/48th at-st. One for @Johnnych01 ”s next Star Wars campaign!

3 Likes

I did stick some paint on mine using the sponge method to have a funky paint camo but I “nail it” to make it look like dog poop so I will take the L on this one. :pensive:

Thanks. The paints are Tamiya and the colours used are Mike Starmer’s Caunter mixes. He did some very deep investigations and used original paint chips to match the mixes to.

The full list of uses and colour mixes is published here:
https://www.mafva.org/british-vehicle-camouflage-1939-45/?v=79cba1185463

Quote from the missive.
"1940-41; Under G.O. 297 November 1940 very many AFVs and soft-skins in three tone Caunter scheme of Light Stone 61 or Portland Stone 64 as basic colour with Silver Grey 28 and Slate 34 or G3 left on as an expedient dark tone. G.O.s of this period specifies Light Stone or Portland Stone at various times. "

He calls out enamel paints (humbrol and Revell) and Tamiya. These are the mixes for Caunter I used:
Slate BS.34 a.k.a “Dark Slate” (MESCC 16)
Tamiya: 1 x XF24 + 1 x XF4
Description: A darkish dull grey-green.

Silver Grey BS.28 (MESCC 21)
Description: Medium yellow-green.
Tamiya 7 x XF21 + 1 X XF4 + 1 x XF19.

Portland Stone BS.64 (MESCC 11).
Tamiya: 1 x XF57 + 6 x XF2 + 1 x XF3.
Description: Very pale cream with greenish tinge.

For the alternate base colour I did not use:
Light Stone BS.61 (MESCC.23).
Tamiya: 7 x XF2 + 2 x XF59 + 2 x XF3.

In the original document I have he says for Silver Grey “This colour will surprise many people” and he was not wrong.

2 Likes

Thanks Peter, that’s great info, the article has immediately been saved to favourites! I will be experimenting with those mixes for sure, and comparing with the AK real color set I used. Now itching to start the Meng Rolls Royce armoured car sitting in the stash…

Thanks again Peter, very interesting, and more importantly accurate, brilliant.

1 Like

You are welcome.

Very appropriate given the Caunter painted scheme option Meng gives you is the only vehicle option that is accurate to what is in the kit.

1 Like

Ok guys and gals…that’s it… Campaign over and a massive well done to everyone who took part, and even if you didn’t finish… Some great unique builds and matching paint schemes shed a whole new light of some of these kits.

Everyone should take a huge pat on the back for job well done

Don’t forget the new General Star Wars universe build I will finalize soon which will probably start in Oct or Nov…

I have just thought… There was a lot of effort that went into the unfinished builds and I know real life gets in the way …
Is everyone cool with …

If you started a build here but didn’t get to finish it, you can have a gold pass straight into the next Star Wars universe build to get it finished ?? Thoughts … Anyway I will also add that last bit into the other thread as well…

I will sort the names out and get a message to staff Jim regarding the medal ribbon for this one.
And once again… Well done to everyone :+1::+1:

6 Likes

Have submitted the list of people who completed builds to Staff Jim for the award ribbon. So will just wait out now and let Jim work his magic.

Once again thanks for all the great entries, finished or not, and for those unfinished, dont forget the new Star Wars build in Oct or Nov.

Star Wars Universe - Proposal - Interested?

2 Likes

Sounds great! :slight_smile:

Just to prove I had done something. LOL

Just didnt get it finished, too many other things on the go at once. Story of my life.

Heres to the next one, I may even finish this by it starts.

Thanks for everyone elses efforts. Great campaign

Keith

6 Likes

To be fair, its look almost done. Why dont you leave it and just enter it for the new star wars build and get it done for that one ? You can always do another full build if you wanted as well ?

Almost but not quite, wanted it weathers dirtied up more and set into the base. I may, but I’d feel better doing a different build for the new campaign, but we will see.

3 Likes

Keith, nice build. Looks very done to me as well, but you are the artist :slight_smile:

Under all circumstances, please share it when done.

Guys, I think people should be getting the campaign ribbons through from now. I got mine earlier :+1:

4 Likes

Yeah got mine too. Thanks again for organising this mate. Looking forward to starting the next one. I’m thinking I need to do a 1/48th snowspeeder as a sandspeeder in caunter scheme to match the 1/48th at-st and Matilda, the white and red unit markings will go perfectly on the front in place of the usual orange or grey stripe…

As soon as you feel like starting the new campaign is good with me! Ha!

2 Likes

Got mine as Well - looks Great!

Thanks for a Great campaign :grinning:

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’m sorry if I signed up for the campaign and then disappeared, unfortunately I took Covid quite heavily, which then turned into a very very long Covid … an odyssey!.. :face_with_thermometer:

Anyway back on my feet , cleaned the workbench, shake the paints and then I realized that my eyes after 46 years of honorable service are gone on vacation … it’s time for glasses… :nerd_face:

However the Star Destroyer and the respective 3D printed base are not far from the end…i hope. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Glad you where able to make it back.

2 Likes

A couple of photos of the base and the Star Destroyer, at the moment it only has the primer,i mask some random panel before giving the classic light gray color, but being the Star Destroyer “Errant Venture” will be almost completely repainted in red, but since the ship had a life worthy of the Millennium Falcon I wish he looked in condition like “She’s the biggest hunk of junk in the galaxy”…in stead of the fastest

3 Likes

@Vicious glad you made it back and you got over the dreaded COVID, that can’t of been enjoyable having it for so long

Regarding the build, the Errant Venture is looking great with where it is but the actual campaign has now finished.

Because a few people were interested in another Star Wars type campaign, I was thinking of doing this one

Star Wars Universe - Proposal - Interested?

It would start in probably Oct or Nov and if you hold off with the build, you could simply join that one and finish off the E Venture in that one ??

3 Likes

Thanks!
The long covid was like living for months on mount Everest, always looking for oxygen, perpetually tired, it wasn’t painful but I was always exhausted … however it’s finished and I don’t think about it anymore … I hope :crossed_fingers:

For the new campain count me in, I don’t need to keep the Errant Venture stalled, I have enough Star Wars models for the next 7-8 campaign… :nerd_face:… and if I start printing all the STL files i set a side for a rainy day I can go on for a long time :+1:

2 Likes