Star Wars Universe Alternative Camo Schemes Group Build

I’m up for that. Need to join campaigns to get building again. Thanks John!

29hrs left for anyone clock watching …:grin:

1 Like

Dang it Bobby……the thread said 8 hrs for me.

UK time dude. Midnight 22nd :grin:

1 Like

So your saying there is more time for me to waste….awesome! :joy:

1 Like

Lol… only you !! :joy:

1 Like

Got that “lets find things for you to do” from SWMBO so didnt get mine finished in time, close but not close enough. Bit of a bugger but life is what it is.
Great seeing all those that did better than me though, great work guys.

Keith

1 Like

Okay, here is my entry done:

A very challenging canvas. Tanks are a lot smaller and the expanse of slate (Dark Green) is usually broken up by turret roof bits, etc. Here it is just a slab… was a good platform to try some different approaches to what I usually do.

Will make up a base and maybe do some more weathering, but at least it is done enough for now.

Thanks for the extra time John. I really lost my mojo with this kit, but I’m glad I got done in the end. Cheers.

7 Likes

Taadah … and across the line it plods. Great hulking build and the paint finish with that scheme is superb. To me the weathering looks spot on and the subtle streaking looks especially good on the sides. Brilliant job :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks John. Appreciate the kind words.

1 Like

Credit where credit is due :+1:

2 Likes

Great build, Peter! Looks really nice!

1 Like

That looks fantastic Peter, you laid out the scheme really very nicely over the big walker, and the weathering looks just right to me. Great job!

What make of paints did you use, I really like those shades.

There may be a 1/48th snow speeder in my future, only in Caunter to go with the 1/48th at-st. One for @Johnnych01 ”s next Star Wars campaign!

3 Likes

I did stick some paint on mine using the sponge method to have a funky paint camo but I “nail it” to make it look like dog poop so I will take the L on this one. :pensive:

Thanks. The paints are Tamiya and the colours used are Mike Starmer’s Caunter mixes. He did some very deep investigations and used original paint chips to match the mixes to.

The full list of uses and colour mixes is published here:
https://www.mafva.org/british-vehicle-camouflage-1939-45/?v=79cba1185463

Quote from the missive.
"1940-41; Under G.O. 297 November 1940 very many AFVs and soft-skins in three tone Caunter scheme of Light Stone 61 or Portland Stone 64 as basic colour with Silver Grey 28 and Slate 34 or G3 left on as an expedient dark tone. G.O.s of this period specifies Light Stone or Portland Stone at various times. "

He calls out enamel paints (humbrol and Revell) and Tamiya. These are the mixes for Caunter I used:
Slate BS.34 a.k.a “Dark Slate” (MESCC 16)
Tamiya: 1 x XF24 + 1 x XF4
Description: A darkish dull grey-green.

Silver Grey BS.28 (MESCC 21)
Description: Medium yellow-green.
Tamiya 7 x XF21 + 1 X XF4 + 1 x XF19.

Portland Stone BS.64 (MESCC 11).
Tamiya: 1 x XF57 + 6 x XF2 + 1 x XF3.
Description: Very pale cream with greenish tinge.

For the alternate base colour I did not use:
Light Stone BS.61 (MESCC.23).
Tamiya: 7 x XF2 + 2 x XF59 + 2 x XF3.

In the original document I have he says for Silver Grey “This colour will surprise many people” and he was not wrong.

2 Likes

Thanks Peter, that’s great info, the article has immediately been saved to favourites! I will be experimenting with those mixes for sure, and comparing with the AK real color set I used. Now itching to start the Meng Rolls Royce armoured car sitting in the stash…

Thanks again Peter, very interesting, and more importantly accurate, brilliant.

1 Like

You are welcome.

Very appropriate given the Caunter painted scheme option Meng gives you is the only vehicle option that is accurate to what is in the kit.

1 Like

Ok guys and gals…that’s it… Campaign over and a massive well done to everyone who took part, and even if you didn’t finish… Some great unique builds and matching paint schemes shed a whole new light of some of these kits.

Everyone should take a huge pat on the back for job well done

Don’t forget the new General Star Wars universe build I will finalize soon which will probably start in Oct or Nov…

I have just thought… There was a lot of effort that went into the unfinished builds and I know real life gets in the way …
Is everyone cool with …

If you started a build here but didn’t get to finish it, you can have a gold pass straight into the next Star Wars universe build to get it finished ?? Thoughts … Anyway I will also add that last bit into the other thread as well…

I will sort the names out and get a message to staff Jim regarding the medal ribbon for this one.
And once again… Well done to everyone :+1::+1:

6 Likes

Have submitted the list of people who completed builds to Staff Jim for the award ribbon. So will just wait out now and let Jim work his magic.

Once again thanks for all the great entries, finished or not, and for those unfinished, dont forget the new Star Wars build in Oct or Nov.

Star Wars Universe - Proposal - Interested?

2 Likes

Sounds great! :slight_smile: