Stealth Aircraft

Group Build Title: Stealth Aircraft

Group Build Leader(s): @michaelsatin

Group Build Description: Low radar observability is the new frontier in military aircraft design. There are a lot of approaches to it out there, so this could be an interesting and varied campaign.

Event Details: (Remember to click “Going” if you want to join the build!)
Low radar observability, or stealth, has been something military aircraft designers have been reaching for since RDF became a thing. How can we get our aircraft under the enemy’s curtin? Flying low doesn’t cut it anymore. Finally, in the '60s, the technology began to develop to design airframes to actually defeat radar, essentially becoming invisible to enemy defense networks. That ability has matured to the point that new front line combat aircraft are now almost universally designed with this feature in mind. But there are a lot of different approaches to building it in. Let’s have a campaign to highlight stealthy aircraft, and hopefully we’ll actually be able to see the models when they’re done!

Completion Award: [add info about possible award badge here - see help threads for more info]

A Note about Awards: The following text is a reminder that in order for people participating and finishing their projects to receive a badge on their forum profile, they will need to provide their account username to the group build leader by the completion date of the build. The leader will then provide this list to the site admin who will bulk award the badges to those users who have finished the group build. If you don’t provide your username or finish the project on the timetable the leader has setup you will not be able to receive an award.

I have four kits that would work for this. Leaning toward Italeri’s 1/72 F-117.

1 Like

I might join this. Just got this yesterday.

Very interested to see this one built up, particularly in 1/48.

1 Like

Surely the point of stealth is you won’t see it built up?.. :grin:

3 Likes

Well, not with RADAR eyes, anyway!

Michael :israel: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Did some painting and dry fitting. Added a 3d printed seat that was made for the Trumpeter J-20. I’ll build the Meng seat to see how it compares.

The canopy fit is amazing!

2 Likes

It looks nice, Tony! But the campaign isn’t expected to start until June.

Damn, lol. First time doing this. Thanks. I’ll move this to another sub.

Sorry! Would have loved to have seen that build in this campaign.

1 Like

I could do my Tamiya F-35A for the campaign I guess.

There ya go! That’s my plan, but I’m going (surprise!) IDF.

2 Likes

I’ll be doing a surprise scheme

I am going old school with the F-117. Either Gulf War scheme or one of the modern adversary schemes.

3 Likes

Here’s my F-35A Scheme for the build

1 Like

Well, that’ll be interesting!

2 Likes

Wow, what a cool camo scheme. One can see what scheme they are trying to look like :wink::grin::grin:

2 Likes