Stryker Campaign Thread

Thank you. I have one in the stash. Hope to get it done sometime this year.

Lower hull and running gear done. A very small amount of tidying up to do and I will be adding the rubber to the wheels a bit later.

Keep smiling :+1:

3 Likes

This campaign is going great! Who knows maybe later this year I’ll do one.

@Johnnych01 only the front left wheel has the climbing aid (A-30). Take a look at pictures of the original vehicle.

Gruß Viktor

1 Like

damn it !!! …thats me rushing things … I hope I can salvage them :frowning_face:

I may of been saved … ??

Image for reference only.

1 Like

As you can see from the above pic, that was not always so. Originally, all the wheels had the ring. It was later removed from all but the left front as only the driver was stepping up on them to assist in getting into his hatch.

3 Likes

Looking good, Johnny! :+1:

:beer: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Thanks Gulf, I hope to get the majority of the body done over the next few days but back on duty now so not a great deal of time after 12 hours in camp …

what are peoples thoughts on the veh lights such as tail lights and headlights. Paint the plastic red or a silver colour first then put the clear lens on top, or just paint the clear part whatever colour ?

1 Like

You’re going great guns there John. I’ve got clear lenses for my TFFT and I’ve decided I’m going to experiment with one. I’m going to paint the back of the lens chrome and the front clear red and see what kind of appearance that gets me, and if I like it…

1 Like

Nice plan Matt, I will keep an eye on that and see how you get on :+1:

1 Like

I’ll post photos as soon as I paint it up.

The rings on the wheels serve as protector for the CTIS valve. They were only present during the first years of Stryker use. Only the ring on the front wheels remain as climbing aid. My first Strykers back in 2006 had only the front ring. As usual, its better to resaerch pics first and then start building. BTW Trumpeter Stryker kits are a bad choice since they are full of errors. :roll_eyes:

So for a future build is the AFV offering the best choice ?

@Johnnych01 Here’s a photo of the test lens. This is one of the strobes on my TFFT. It is a clear lens airbrushed clear red on the front, and brush painted chrome on the back. I’m very pleased with the results and will go on to do the rest of them in this fashion. Will do the same with tail lights.

I’ll glue them in with Testors Clear Parts Cement, so as not to mar the chrome paint.

4 Likes

That’s turned out great.
Definitely giving it a go.

1 Like

That looks really good Matt… Nice idea and that will be all my future clear parts for lights sorted from now. :+1:

Got the back end, and door done. Only thing not on is the clear parts for the tail lights and the strapping for the jerry cans. Those will wait till the whole things ready for primer.

2 Likes

@johnnych01
Yes, the AFV Club kits are much better that Trumpeter. Biggest problem with Trumpeter kits is that the size and proportion is completely off. When someone here shows his AFV Club kit, you will see the difference.

1 Like

Thats good to know @HermannB, I do intend getting another version in the future so I will be going down the AFV route if that is the better kit :+1: