Summer Nostalgia!

Ah, more glue to plastic time

I inserted the hatches, turned the turret upside down and added some extra thin to the underside of he hatches so none would show on the topside… After holding the hatch on for half a minute, I went to remove my thumb and… Thumbprint ot the topside from the glue that leaked around the hatch.

I now understand the title “Summer Nostalgia” Makes me remember all of those glue disasters while building as a kid…

Ok, remove the hatch, let the glue dry and carefully sand and reinstall. Problem solved.

Yesterday the hull was knocked off the table.

Phew everything looks OK until I turn the hull over. The peg for the sprocket broke off, not to be found.

Now I have to fabricate a new one. I measure the thickness of the surviving peg and started to hunt a replacement. Thankfully the sprue tree was almost the same diameter.

I filed it down some until it fit snuggly on the sprocket. I then had to drill our the old peg.

I measured the length of the peg and inserted the replacement peg to the desired length.

Nostalgia, yep reminds me of the “good” old days learning to build kits. I am curious as to what else I am going to "do " to the kit before I am done.

11 Likes