Summer Nostalgia!

Neat job on the uniforms, but the faces more look like mannequins… :rofl:

2 Likes

Beautiful airplane! :sunglasses:

1 Like

@B-17-peter It is. I’ve only ever seen the Frecce Tricolori display once at RIAT, but they put on a good display.
I’ve got a soft spot for these little jet trainers. The Hawk, MB326, Gnat - all proof of the old saying that if it looks right it flies right.

1 Like

Done! My fun build is complete, just a little wash now…

See you later, folks! :cowboy_hat_face:

13 Likes

Looking like the right stuff. :orange_circle: :wink:

—mike

6 Likes

Cool!
That was a fast one…

1 Like

Said the actress to the Bishop … sorry, couldnt resist lol :rofl: :rofl: :grin:

7 Likes

Very nice build, Peter! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes Ron, … Mach 1 !:smile:

1 Like

Glad you like it, mates!:metal:

1 Like

Excellent Peter. A very iconic aircraft, very nicely represented.

2 Likes

The gun itself is herby declared finished. I did notice a mistake on my side, but it is impossible to correct without causing major damage: the elevation control should be mounted more forward, against the cam (which is missing its teeth).
The figures are still in progress.

8 Likes

Painted and unmasked

7 Likes

I decided to put the deck markings on before adding the island etc. and I’m glad i did because the decals are thick and took a LOT of Solve a Set to get them to settle down. Even then there were more than a few places where they had much more sheen than looked good. I sprayed on some Tamiya clear flat and that improved the look emensely. Tomorrow I’ll start putting on the final parts

8 Likes

That is coming out very nice indeed. The decalling really makes it pop.

I have finally gotten around to putting glue to plastic.

I am really impressed by how well this kit goes together. The fit is perfect. There has been no putty required. All seams fit flawlessly so far.

8 Likes

I recognize the hull… recently finished.

3 Likes

Heavy black and flesh wash applied. I still need to drybrush, ink, detail paint, etc.

Before:

After black and flesh wash…

4 Likes

I feel Inspired by your build. I have this kit, the Chi Ha and the Ho-Ni in my stash. BANZAI!!!

1 Like

She’s done but after some thought, I think she needs some AC on her deck.

10 Likes